Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #1

overcast Thursday

Morning everyone. Really overcast here today after the nice weather we have had.

Hope all poorly people are feeling better.

At work today and it has been a bit of a strange atmosphere today as changes were announced yesterday which most folk aren't happy about. Atleast we still have a job though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #2

Re: overcast Thursday

Morning Pamela and all to follow.

Not doing much today either and the weather is set for a downpour or two I think as well made up the baskets so will try to snap a picture or two.
Angie in answer to your question yesterday she does lie on the steamer with me but the photo was of the shed wall......Ah well dodgy photographer !!!!!!

Pamela the changes sound worrying but I imagine you will all adapt. Sometimes a shake up is a good thing when you look back you think why did we not do this before" however there is the other side of the coin too.
Hope everyone a bit poorly is feeling a bit better and the shingles are in retreat.

I have decided to wait till next week for the swimming as I am as I have said tired - do not want to push myself to hard to fast - I think this stroke has shook me up more than I realise. Ah well rest and rest.
d
See you all later off to trot Bella round the block.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #3

Good morning Pamela, Kazz and all to follow.It's Thursday evening here and I've just been snoozing on the lounge suite.Sorry things have been a bit unsettling at work for you Pamela.Just hang in there and hopefully things may improve soon . Kazz, I've been thinking of you and I'm pleased that you are taking it easy.Good move waiting a bit until you start your swimming. You'll know yourself when you are ready Sorry about the bad weather you're both experiencing at the moment We're heading into stormy weather this weekend but so far ,there has been no rain.I've been off work all this week, but am now beginning to feel much better and in much less pain. Hopefully I can go back to work next week and just do mornings only. Enjoy your Thursday everyone, and roll on the weekend.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
22-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #4

Afternoon all. Change is scary Pamela, I don't like it but sometimes, like Kazz said, its for the best.

Rainy here, fighting the battle of the fleas at the mo. Carpets and furniture getting it today. All animals have been done. Will be using something other than frontline next. Oh well, better get to it, fleas won't kill themselves!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #5

Rain bucketing down a treat here. Off shortly for youngest son's piano recital at school. He's playing the theme from 'Flintstones'. I hope it goes well as he's very nervous.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #6

Afternoon all .......... it's like night here although it's only 13.15, we've had a bit of thunder and I guess there's more to come, poor Monty. Hope it clears through swiftly.

Sorry to hear about the shake up at your work Pamela. It happened a few times where I used to work and it's always upsetting to start with. Yes, you just have to say that it's good when you still have a job.

Lights are flickering now so will post this in case we lose electicity!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
22-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #7

Hello from sunnier than expected Babbacombe in Torbay! It bucket end down last night after a glorious Wednesday, but had a sharp shower in Torquay this morning and since then blue skies

All is well back home my girls are being spoiled by my nieces and Pandy has shown her 'appreciation ' by bringing a gift again Going to catch up on the news now, see you later. X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #8

Well been over to vote and popped into sainsburys and glad I did it when I could as it is now pouring down really really heavy.
In no particular order here we are

Angie
I hope Monty is okay - its going really dark here at the moment.
P.P Did not know you had gone away must of missed that, bet you are enjoying that. I do not think Pandora is going to stop you have to let it be.
Dinky I have been thinking of you too so great minds think alike. I hope you are not returning to work to soon.
F.M can you not get a professional firm in for the fleas are they that bad. Maybe you need to move out for while, to let the fleas die in peace.
Yola Hope the recital goes well, sure it will the flintstones is a nice piece of music I did like the flintstones was that his choice????

Catsey Veteran

22-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #9

Hi all - I'm back. We did get a downpour and thunder, the works. I put the dogs in their crates and pulled Monty's cover down. He is OK and has come out again, with his tail in the right place!!! When he's upset, it really droops, poor lambkin.

Kazz - glad you are taking it slowly and not rushing things. It must have hit you really hard, you're not the sort to give in without a struggle and relaxing on your lovely lounger sounds the best medicine in the world. Do keep trying for that photo!

Dinky - I am so glad to hear that the pain is easier for you. But don't rush, I'm sure you are a sensible lady too. Here's old mother hen clucking!!!

Yola, hope the recital goes well. I've got an earworm now - "Flintstones, meet the Flintstones ......"

FM - I recommend Acclaim to get rid of fleas from furnishings and carpets. They are b*****s and that's for sure.

PP - have a lovely break. I have one just like your Pandy and it isn't many mornings atm that go by without a wee corpse somewhere in the house.

It's going dark again here ......... hope it's just rain.

Catsey Veteran

22-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #10

Oh ......... sausages and mash with onion gravy for supper tonight! What are you all having?