Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Deaf Domestic Shorthair
28-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #1

Hello from Alberta, Canada!

Some of you may know me from Dogsey as Sara'n'Scout. Well, I've adopted a new cat, and thought, as Dogsey is so incredibly informative, I would see if The kitty counterpart is as well!

I have three dogs at my house, and my Mom has two more of my dogs, three of the dogs are deaf, and 2 of those have sight issues as well. All of my animals are rescues

I finally decided it was time to get a cat, so started actively looking a few weeks ago. I needed a cat that is good with dogs, friendly, cuddly, playful, food motivated and accepting of baths (I have mild allergies and bathing helps) I figured that I'd need to get a baby kitten, and start from scratch, but I couldn't find any for a couple of weeks. Then, last Wednesday, I found a listing for an 8 month old deaf cat! It was totally meant to be. he is everything I was looking for and more!

He has not yet been named, as I am trying to find a literary name that's amusing, and that suits him, which isn't easy.

I can't post any pics yet, as I cant put them on the computer I'm using right now, but I should be able to post pics next week.

Anyway, off to browse and learn!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #2

Re: Hello from Alberta, Canada!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #3

Hi a warm welcome to Catsey.....

Looking forward to hearing more about your new feline friend and how he settles in with you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
29-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #4

Hi Sara
Do you know i was thinking of you on Wednesday & wondering how you were, havent seen any posts on dogsey from you for a while . Im Velvetboxers on dogsey

Welcome to Catsey, look forward to hearing more about your kitten & seeing photos x

Cats owned: Deaf Domestic Shorthair
30-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #5

thanks all. I killed my computer, so been using the computers in the library, however we only get an hour a day, so don't have enough time to poke around much on forums

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #6

Welcome to catsey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #7

You must be a very patient person to train deaf dogs and now a deaf cat ..... I will be interested to hear more about how they all get on. Look forward to photos.