Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #1

Australian Mist Saturday

Hi all! Another glorious day here ..... sunny and blue sky but only 15C atm - so feeling a little chillier each day. Moved my phormium pots up near the house this morning. They survived there last Winter, so hopefully they'll do the same this. I have a little one that I may move into the unheated link if things get too cold for it. I lost my tree fern last year, so only the Pineapple Lily to move into the greenhouse, once the flower heads die down. I cover that with straw and it does well. Just a bit of tidying up the vegetable patch left to do.

Well, as the slow cooker arrived yesterday, it's been put to use today - a nice beef casserole (hopefully!)

I felt very sorry for Wales losing by just 1 point. That was cruel fate.

Nothing much exciting here. Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #2

Re: Australian Mist Saturday

Hi, Angie! Brilliant sunshine here, but very brisk winds all day; high gust so far is 23 mph! It's nearing 10:45 and a rather cool 16 ℃, 60℉. Should have worn a jacket outside for grass picking. All quiet here; waiting for grocery delivery afterlunch. I think I'll make soup for dinner, brisk weather makes it sound good.

I'm glad you're using the slow cooker; I'd never used my crock pot so left it for the church sale. I suspect doing single servings in it would be difficult, and I'm not a fan of leftovers. Sorry about the tree fern, I think they can be a bit touchy; mine died over Winter also.

Hope all are well and enjoying the day....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #3

Glad you're using your slow cooker Angie, we find it very useful. It's nice to come back to a lovely casserole when we've had a day out with the dog and get back all windblown and tired from the beach! We like to do an ox cheek casserole, a really tasty cheap old-fashioned cut.

I've been peeling little onions for pickling today, they're currently in brine, I'll do the spiced vinegar tomorrow and pack them on Monday. I'll be running out of jars soon, fortunately our daughter saves us all of hers to help keep us stocked up!

Shame about the rugby result but in truth Wales were responsible for their own downfall I'm afraid.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #4

Hi all, Mrs H you have reminded me, I must get some onions started!
Lovely day here and I was at choir rehearsal this PM which was great. I had to re audition though which was scary but I got through- I'm really pleased that I can still get a high C!
Nice nibbles and a beer this evening with Strictly on the 'box'.
Glad the slow cooker is a hit Angie, you can make good yoghurt in them too. Has the heating come on yet Eileen? I've reluctantly let OH turn ours on just for an hour!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #5

It was supposed to come on today, but I haven't turned mine on yet as it's quite comfortable in the apartment right now, 24℃; so don't really know.