Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-05-2005, 03:03 PM   #1

My Horse!

I was feeling in snapping mood this weekend, so I took some piccies of Bootsy my horse. He has not been too well these last couple of weeks, his arthritis is playing up. I am currently giving him a course of anti-arthritic injections and I am liasing with the farrier over some different types of shoes for him but we are beginning to wonder what the future holds for him

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #2

Re: My Horse!

He is beautiful, don't ride, but love to see horses galloping around the field....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
30-05-2005, 12:51 AM   #3

he is beautiful Moli

02-06-2005, 11:56 AM   #4

Beautiful horse! He looks a lot like my neighbours horse Katie! I had a pony with arthritis. She was 27 years old and also had navicular. Our vet put her on bute and it helped her a lot. I know theres some contraversy over it but Lady wouldn't have been able to have the life she did in her last few years if she hadn't had it. I was taking her cross country and showjumping until a week before she died from a brain tumour! Her arthritis only ever bothered her if she did too much work on hard ground, or if she didn't have the bute! I do hope you manage to sort something out with your horse though, he looks lovely

I have a horse now called Charlie. Here's a pic of him in the garden taken this morning

Here's an old picture of Lady jumping. She was 28 years old when this picture was taken and you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with her would you? Oooh, and excuse me pulling weird faces in the pic, i was only about 11 years old

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #5

Lovely pics Jessica. Charlie looks quite relaxed this morning

Bootsy has high and low ringbone and sidebone. His ringbone is both articular and intraarticular and he is only 15/16 years old He is on one bute a day and has been for two years, he also has Synoquin everyday and every six months I give him a course of seven anti-arthritic injections. He also has remedial shoeing - rockerbar shoes. He is ridden most days as this helps keep him sound and since he was diagnosed a couple of years ago he has done XC, been hunting, fun rides etc. Although for the past twelve months we have retired him just to hacking out. Luckily, we have now found out that his arthritis isn't playing up, he actually has a haematoma in one of his front feet, so I am poulticing at the minute and hopefully will be able to get his shoes back on and start riding him again next week