Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #1

Summery Saturday

Morning all.

Lovely weather here, opps the door gotta go see you all soon................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #2

Re: Summery Saturday

Morning Kazz (LOL)

Weather nice here as well, going to give the car a bit of a wash and then not sure about the rest of the day.

Have a good one everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #3

Another hot and sunny day - kids still fast asleep in bed!!

I am upgrading some bunny accommodation today - got a 4 x 4 playhouse - am currently painting it all, ready for it to be assembled and then added to the rabbit run... been wanting to do this for ages, so am very pleased!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #4

Hello everyone! Yes, glorious day here too and hot. OH has taken to tickling the chillies in the greenhouse with a feather - bit of nostalgia for him because he remembers his Dad doing the same with melons!!!!

Got some sweet pea photos to post later on if they come out OK.

I need to give my car a bit of a wash too in case a hosepipe ban comes in.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #5

Following my grumps about OH's lack of awareness of a suitable 40th Anniversary present the other day, daughter came to the rescue and under her guidance and nudging he bought a very pretty 1940/50's piece of jewellery. It's a brooch in the shape of a butterfly and its wings are studded with tiny opals and small rubies, just perfect! It also has little loops at the back so it can have a chain threaded through and worn as a pendant. I'll be wearing it tonight when we all go out for dinner (the actual date is tomorrow) I've forgiven him, and sent a prayful thanks for having such a thoughtful and sensitive daughter.

It's a beautiful day here, not too hot, some cloud at times in an otherwise lovely blue sky and a gentle breeze, a very English summer's day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
03-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #6

Hi all - warm, breezy and the small spot of rain now and again. Been on hen duties this morning - cleaning etc. Got 5 new hens so trying to introduce to the other girls.

I noticed my sweet peas are looking nice in among the rose arch - looking forward to seeing yours angieh.

Going out for birthday meal tonight to new restaurant a few villiages away - no idea what it'll be like.

Your gift sounds lovely MrsH - pic?????

Enjoy the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #7

Hi all. Warming up nicely now, sunny, 25 C (77 F), and looks to be good for the fireworks and parade tomorrow. To the other market for HRH's favorite food and replenished the gin supply also, which was, to quote the song "gettin' low"! Can't have that!

I adore sweet peas but they hate our climate so cannot grow them MrsH, the brooch sounds stunning, I second the pic request. CM, birthday? Yours? Donna, the buns will love that1.

Have a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #8

Afternoon all! Sorry I'm late, been a full day.Took the broom for a ride over to abergavenny, had lovely shopping day, then stopped for lunch. Since we returned I've been chatting to my sis in California. OH watching Argentina v Germany, and Germany just won well. Shame about Andy Murray yesterday

I loove sweet peas Angie, will look forward to seeing the pics. Glad you got a nice surprise pressie for your 40th, Mrs H. good to get your daughter's input, always knew he wouldn't disappoint

Cloudy skies but stayed dry all day, and warm too. We're staying in tonight will see whats on the Sky Box Office as I fancy a good film, some wine and nibbles.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #9

Afternoon all....back from answering the door....LOL A really nice day here, must be something about the time of year because my car has been washed today too.

Mrs H your gift sounds lovely and many congratulations there must be something about Dads and anniversaries....according to my Mom she never got a birthday or anniversary card from Dad before my sister and I took him in hand...and we also have to bug - sorry remind my brother to get a birthday card and anniverary cards card for his wife don't think she has clicked on even yet even after 14 years of marriage that one of his sisters sends a card a week early for both occasions to nudge him into action. it works. Even he remembers Christmas.

We take it in turns to set Dad up I do birthdays Di does anniversary and Micky does Christmas.....saves trouble that way he buys two wife cards although the first year in it took him a bit to figure it; that first year his mind sort of half switched on for some reason and he brought a Happy Christmas Mom card and gave it to Dad who did not look inside thinking it was a card from Mick to Mom.....and he'd lost the envelope.....Dad put it on the side with other cards....NOW remember this card has no hand sentiment written in it.....Brains Brother brought wrong card.....Brains Dad thought it was from brother to Mom...Thankfuy Mom did not see it my sister rescued the situation, removed the card chastised my Dad......for putting up a blank card....then beat my brother senseless verbally. And dragged him off to get a suitable card.

Works well now......"Dad" always gets Mom flowers for birthday and anniversary. And we force him out to get Christmas present when he does he is good......and has brought her nice pearls, necklaces, watches, and clothes (of which he is a good judge for my Mom) but his answer is Your Mom has the money she can get what she wants....which is true Dad does not access their bank account and when working handed over an unopened pay packet every week to my Mom.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #10

Loved above Kazz - your Dad and Mom must be a lovely couple who have raised thoughtful children!