Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #1

Sort of sunny Saturday

Hi all!

It's dry this morning around these parts which is a blessing as we escaped the ravages of the storm. I hope you are all safe and warm.

I've done all my cards and most are on their way, the pressie list is nearly complete, only a few to get.

Doing housework today, can life get any more exciting

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #2

Re: Sort of sunny Saturday

Evening Nettie and anyone to follow.
You are very organised re Christmas.
I've had a lovely day at the doll fair, met lots of dolly friends. not a good start though, driving there I was dismayed to note the lanes approaching the roundabout had changed and I consequently found myself in the wrong lane, not good for a rigid driver like myself. I had the job of unlocking the hall and had to get the key from a small cupboard up a tree. iPhone the torch to reveal a great big fat spider, suddenly it disappeared and I then had to reach into the cupboard, scared in case it was inside. I then approached the back door in darkness to reveal a man in the doorway.
Fortunately it turned out to be the caretaker or something.Usualy there is nobody else there so it was a bit of a shock.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #3

Evening all a quick shout out to say Hello but off to work shortly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #4

Hey everyone! Lord, Shelley, that sounds scary - worthy of Hammer Horror! Glad the day got better.

PP - you are good re your C word cards. I am cutting back drastically this year because the postage costs are so horrendous. I never worry about the card costs and am more than happy to buy charity cards but it is the postage that put me off. I've got some lovely photo cards of Dora and Monty for our doggy chums to hand out and will scan and send to those friends I have email addresses for. Gone are the the days of sending 60+ cards out I'm afraid.

Been a bit of a sogging day here as my breathing was bad yesterday evening. Luckily not too bad today, but I've taken it easy with my Kindle.

However sad I am at the death of Nelson Mandela, I am appalled at the was the media has treated the news of the recent tidal floods in the U.K. I've been waiting to hear how folk are in areas affected and the programmes just cut to South Africa or USA. Obviously it's an event of huge importance but I'm sure that TV crews were all waiting in UK areas and were just presumably cut off from delivering their news. Sorry, rant over.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #5

It's true Angie I've never been so organised, I have cut down on the number of cards I'm sending, I've made some e-cards to go too. The presses are less too because as the 'kids' are getting older they just want cash/vouchers, so it's just little stocking fillers.

I agree that the flood coverage was non existent, and this was not fair. Nelson Mandela died, sadly, but this was not a shock. Too much time was given to hearing from politicians, it should have been a respectful obituary but turned into a circus for the media.

Have a good shift Kazz. Shelley, hope your day got better after the spider shock!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #6

Morning and Goodnight.....I am shattered hard night