Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
26-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #21

Re: Catflaps.

Once I have pushed her through I tend to hook up the flap so it is open so she can get back in, but at the moment it does cause one rather nasty cold chilly draught through my kitchen!!!

I have this long piece of ribbon that I have tied to my radiator which is near the catflap and then there is a loop on the end that fits over the flap to hold it open!!!

Brainless Misty will have to learn cos I dont want another winter of my kitchen feeling like the Antarctic!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
26-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #22

Donna I wouldn't open or leave the flap open for her as she will never learn that way. When she wants to come back in she will get fed of of just staring at the flap and start nudging it herself.....

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #23

But she has to be able to get in Mags, cos of that nasty bullying cat that constantly harrasses my kits. I did have it shut one day as I forgot to hook it up and the cat chased Misty and she smashed into the French doors and then the cat had her cornered and went for her. Scared she will get attacked again.

Global Moderator

26-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #24

Oh I forgot about the bully Donna I suppose it will have to be a case of patience then.....perhaps when it gets warmer she will get a bit more adventurous.....

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2006, 08:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Oh I forgot about the bully Donna I suppose it will have to be a case of patience then.....perhaps when it gets warmer she will get a bit more adventurous.....
Summer I will book her in for her intensive training course!!

Global Moderator

26-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #26

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #27

I forgot about your bully cat he/she doesn't come through the flap does he - may be one reason she is unsure of going out just a thought.

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I forgot about your bully cat he/she doesn't come through the flap does he - may be one reason she is unsure of going out just a thought.
Yes Kazz, as I have to leave the flap open, it does come in the house a lot. Comes in and steals all their food and scares them half to death. It even broke through the magnetic lock on the flap

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #29

Hmmm thats not nice see its the one thing I was nervous about when my two got older especialy Oscar - as he kept other cats at bay - but the dogs fulfill that role perfectly - Cleo sleeps safely because the dogs keep other cats at bay.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

26-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #30

I need a dog sitter for my cats then!!

That cat is the reason they are so timid and wont go out in the garden for more than ten minutes at a time.