Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #41

Re: Annoying habbit or is it?

Thanx every one for your help, suggestions and support. If only he could talk, life would be so much simpler

Catsey Veteran

17-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #42

Just wanted to let you all know that Winston had a much more relaxed night cuddled up with his mummy and purring contentedly. Now crying and no clawing at all. Mummy also had a very good nights sleep and enjoyed very much cuddling her old boy through out the night.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #43

Pleased to hear everything went smoothly last night Elaine!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #44

Glad you got a better night's sleep Elaine...hope it continues x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-01-2006, 12:12 PM   #45

I found this on a website. Some of it seems to ring true - so perhaps a some of Winston's issues are age-related. Don't suppose we should be suprised if our moggies mental faculties deteriorate in old age - ours do after all.

Senile Cat Behavior
Senile cats often display certain behavior patterns. Meowing for no reason is quite common, and can be nerve wracking (It's 3:00 am, and you've got a cat yowling in the hallway because she thinks she's lost). Wandering and restlessness are also common. Cat aggression may increase as your cat experiences some loss of mental sharpness associated with aging.

Look for these behaviors in your elderly cat if you suspect she's senile:
  • constant meowing
  • wandering
  • staring into space
  • forgetting to use the litter box
  • yowling
  • restlessness
  • aggression
  • skittishness.
Many of the symptoms of feline senility can also indicate physical problems. Is the cat yowling because she's senile, or does the meowing indicate that she's in pain? Wandering and restlessness might indicate that she can't settle down comfortably because of physical discomfort. The same can be said for cat aggression: A sudden change may indicate a health problem. Have your vet decide what's causing the behavioral change.

Anyway - glad Winston appears a bit better now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #46

hi elaine, glad to hear winston is getting a bit better, elt's hope he continues to improve.

Catsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #47

Thanx for that Dinahsmum, Winston displays a quite a few of those.
I have to say I try to treat Winston a day at a time because I got into such a stressfull mess when looking into the crf stuff that I ended up paying more attention to the crf than to Winston himself. I like to be knowledgable about my cats and their state of health but it can get all consuming sometimes. OMG I really dont make any sense in my posts do I?
Anyway his urine sample came back today and he is clear for any urine infections too, which is always nice to know. There has been no clawing since he has started his blood pressure tablets.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #48

Sounds like you have found a solution Elaine. I have to say having dealt with CRF it can become "overwhelming" and hard to concentrate on the cat rather than the condition. As you know we have spoken before,

I also have to say though the older our cats get the harder itis to figure out whats wrong. Cleo displays 5 of those symptoms but I know she is disorintated occasionaly at night but one call of her name and she's okay again. But in herself she is fine, like you with Winston you take every day as it comes.

Catsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 08:42 PM   #49

Thanx Kazz I knew you'd understand what I was trying to say

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Thanx for that Dinahsmum, Winston displays a quite a few of those.
I have to say I try to treat Winston a day at a time because I got into such a stressfull mess when looking into the crf stuff that I ended up paying more attention to the crf than to Winston himself. I like to be knowledgable about my cats and their state of health but it can get all consuming sometimes. OMG I really dont make any sense in my posts do I?
Anyway his urine sample came back today and he is clear for any urine infections too, which is always nice to know. There has been no clawing since he has started his blood pressure tablets.
A wise observation
Glad he's improved