Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #11

Re: Nasty Neighbour Night Attack

See I didn't know that - I feel sorry for cats like him virtually "left to his own devices" I know its a silly question but have you tried the "waterpistol technique" I am no help and I may be a little over sensitive but I do think that in honestly with even the most caring owner in the world "a cat that terrorises others" is a darned nuisence I know Oz was being and I even tried telling him to stop but he didnt.

Donna I think the sentence This is a very densely populated area (cats as well) so could belong to anyone!!! could well be the key with cats being forced to live almost on top of each other and "their territory as they see it populated with unkown cats"

I know it does not help but I do feel for you all and know I would resort to any measures to keep Cleo safe in her own garden and house but luckily the dogs do that for me

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
07-01-2006, 10:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
See I didn't know that - I feel sorry for cats like him virtually "left to his own devices" I know its a silly question but have you tried the "waterpistol technique" I am no help and I may be a little over sensitive but I do think that in honestly with even the most caring owner in the world "a cat that terrorises others" is a darned nuisence I know Oz was being and I even tried telling him to stop but he didnt.

Donna I think the sentence This is a very densely populated area (cats as well) so could belong to anyone!!! could well be the key with cats being forced to live almost on top of each other and "their territory as they see it populated with unkown cats"

I know it does not help but I do feel for you all and know I would resort to any measures to keep Cleo safe in her own garden and house but luckily the dogs do that for me

Karen
I do feel sorry for this bully cat to be honest. He cant have much of a life if he finds terrorising my little cats fun. He is ALWAYS outside. Never inside having cuddles on the sofa, playing, laying in front of the fire. Oh well.

I have tried the water pistol attack but he is SO QUICK. Never managed to get him yet. Have been looking at this today:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=7336&Ne=40000&R=12204&N=20 02+113262

What do the more experienced cat owners think of something like this? Or should I save the money and just let them out when I am around. They dont seem to mind being in too much, but know in summer they will probably want to be out more.

I would never resort to hurting this cat or doing anything wrong. In fact when he came into my house once and lost his way back out I managed to pick him up and I talked to him and told him to be a nice cat!!! (I know. I am mad!!!) He obviously didnt listen!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #13

Looks like a great idea Donna...Is it available in this country do you know or have you to order it from America?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
07-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Looks like a great idea Donna...Is it available in this country do you know or have you to order it from America?
Did have a quick look at work on the internet but didnt find a UK site. Will keep looiing, or if anyone else on CP can recommend a site for me to find some protection for my kitties?

I need a long tunnel leading onto some sort of pen/run as I have about 20' path to walk down towards the main garden being a Victorian house with extensions on the back.

Many thanks if anyone can help!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
07-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #15

I've tried the waterpistol technique, but that cat only has to hear me coming (or if it's in the garden, hear the door or window opening) and it's gone out of range. I used to feel sorry for it, but now it's just driving me mad. What irritates me most is that the cat population thing is no excuse for it - my house is at the closed end of a cul de sac which is 5 houses long and the cat doesn't come from any of those or the ones opposite - it's from somewhere over the main road I believe. And I have school grounds next to my garden - LOADS of space (and they have a wildlife area which is overgrown that the cat could use.)

Interesting website Donna - the dollar is in our favour at the moment, so if p&p isn't too extortionate then it might even be worth ordering from the US.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
08-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #16

if this was happening to me this is what i would do.

get a cat trap from either your vet or the council (might be free off the council) catch him and send him to a cat rescue, i know some might think its not right but if you don't want a cat in your garden/home then it is your right to do this and it is not bracken any laws.

i do know of a lady that done this but done things a little different she coat the cat had him done and then set him free and he was like a different cat and ever bothered her cats again