Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #1

Stormy (?) Sunday

Apparently there were thunderstorms around yesterday and overnight. Well, they missed us However it looks like we'll get them today Looking on the bright side, the borders are rather dry so the rain is definitely needed.

No-one seemed to sleep too well last night, it was rather warm and sticky even though we had lots of windows open. I was uncomfortably hot and threw off the bedding, OH was unsettled and a bit congested, and the cats were roaming around which unsettled the dog! We've been up for hours and could do with a nap right now. Hang on a bit, the cats and the dog are all fast asleep as I type! cheeky monkeys!

Have a good day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
06-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #2

Re: Stormy (?) Sunday

Morning!

Think we might of had thunderstorms here.. well we had heavy rain at least overnight... silly me left the swinging hammock cushions out.. so they are soaked this morning.. hopefully they will dry out if the day stays dry.

Been up since about 6am... let the cats out for a wander, and sorted the bunnies... Twinkle is on lots of meds at the moment so have to get her out twice a day for four lots different medicines... but she is doing really well now so am very pleased. Cleaned all the runs out so bunnies set up for the day already.

Have to go grocery shopping at 10am, and then need to sort out the housework and ironing.. fun day!!

Kids back at school tomorrow for what will be their last week or so... Emma is in the middle of her GCSE's and Sean does his A levels around the 17th June... oh the stress!

Have a good day all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #3

Overcast and humid here with plops of rain now and again. We're off riding with Dominik and then to build our fruit cage at the allotment.

Later I must tackle the front garden; my miniature cherry tree's branches are getting far too long as is the lawn.

I hope we avoid the worst of the weather until later though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #4

Dull and wet here today, going to spend the day sorting out the music for the wedding on our ipods. Still haven't decided on a first dance song.....arrggghhh!!!

Have a good day everybody

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #5

No rain here yet, but very overcast. Hope it stays dry long enough for OH to sort out the leaking tap on the water butt!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #6

Started off bright here this morning but getting overcast and a look of rain in the sky. Just my luck as I have bedding to dry outside. Posh is asleep again, she's been a tired old puss since her return, wakes up for feeding and the odd cuddle then retires to a cool cushion for a good groom/scratch and 40 winks.

No plans for today, have odd jobs around the house, sort out a few cupboards and then tonight I'm going to use my footspa, terrible hard callouses on my heels, they look awful.

Enjoy your Sunday girls

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #7

Morning all.

Sounds like busy days all round.........no rain here either.....still overcast but very humid. But slept well last night.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #8

Lunchtime catch up here - this is the only new thread on my list.

It's brightened up here, but is very humid and quite breezy. Blew my sunhat off and I had to chase after it down the garden. Potting up some more fuchsias today. Ordered some Nemaslug online too - not much compassion for them, I'm afraid. Getting the space under the bamboo shading over the pergola ready for some seating which we hope to order before the emergency budget!

Enjoy your Sunday folks, whatever you're up to.

OH has managed to sort out both water butts - now what's the betting it won't b****y rain here????!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
06-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Lunchtime catch up here - this is the only new thread on my list.

It's brightened up here, but is very humid and quite breezy. Blew my sunhat off and I had to chase after it down the garden. Potting up some more fuchsias today. Ordered some Nemaslug online too - not much compassion for them, I'm afraid. Getting the space under the bamboo shading over the pergola ready for some seating which we hope to order before the emergency budget!

Enjoy your Sunday folks, whatever you're up to.

OH has managed to sort out both water butts - now what's the betting it won't b****y rain here????!

murphy's law says it wont now Angie... but you already knew that!!

A lazy sunday here.. slept in... sunday paper and cup of tea in bed..(spoilt, so i am!)

Had to go and visit one of my new students here on exchange from France for 3 months... i still haven't finished the paperwork but will do that tomorrow...
got most of the washing done and hanging on clothes horses in the front room... (no use hanging it out cause it wont dry

am off to bed.. might read my book for a wee while.. hope everyone has a good one whilst i sleep!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #10

Started out sunny and delightful here: 29 C (84 F), but has clouded over and we too are expecting t'storms this afternoon as a cool front approaches. Some are predicted to be heavy, hope they're not too violent. We could use some rain, though, very dry. To the market for various things, including shrimp for dinner - shrimp creole, Nothing interesting going on.

Hope it's a good day for all. enjoy!