Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 snow spot bengal, 1 white dsh
25-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #1

pics of our new boy, jeff

here is the deaf kitten we adopted in july, hope you like him.....he is now about 4 months old, hubby nicknamed him jeff when we first brought him home, (jeff as in mutton jeff the slang for deaf) i was adamant he wasn't keeping that name but in the end i had to agree it suited him and i couldn't think of anything better so jeff it stayed.

he is a little love, our bengal, saffy and ginger tom, ginger, both accepted him quite quickly, ginger not quite as quickly as saffy, and to be honest he now seems to rule the house, he chases saffy and if either of the cats goes to their food dish he's straight over to eat whatever they have and they just let him, he's not fazed by anything probably because of his deafness, sadly ginger has a tumour in his back right leg and may need it amputated and has spat at jeff a couple of times when he has caught it but of course jeff pays no attention, so long as jeff doesn't catch his leg ginger is happy to play with him, when jeff is chasing saffy round the room he climbs up onto the activity centre and keeps out of the way.

hopefully if i have done it right there should also be some pics of jeff with saffy and ginger

and here is jeff on his favourite place for sleeping, the video recorder........once he grew he moved up to the satellite box

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #2

Re: pics of our new boy, jeff

Oh, he looks so tiny next to Ginger and Saffy! What a little cutie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #3

Aww he is just a wee darling...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
25-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #4

awwww what a little sweetie,hes gorgeous and I love his name

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #5

What a little darling Jeff is it's so nice to see Saffy and Ginger so close to him.

I hope all goes well with Ginger's back leg Diane ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
25-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #6

I love the name Jeff. All your cats are beautiful

Catsey Junior

25-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #7

thanks mags,
he has had 2 xrays and the 2nd showed the shadow on his hip hip bone had got bigger but they said it hadn't spread to his organs, i think the way they said it that they were expecting it to so that was sort of good news,
jeff was adopted to keep saffy company as ginger went outside but then we noticed he was limping so kept him in and had him checked out at the vet expecting them to say he'd probably been kicked or something and hoping a few days rest would see him back to his old self, he had his first xray midway between us having the homecheck for jeff and picking him up, so since jeff came to us we have had 3 indoor cats not 2, the vet has given us metacam for ginger and said when it becomes too painful or when his hip shatters, which seems to be what they are expecting, then we decide on amputation or pts. the vets only concern is that ginger is a very big cat but they think he should be able to cope.....i am saving any spare pennies in a tin in readiness but haven't a clue how much i will need. (he is the only one not insured as he was origionally next doors cat who i took in when he died, by then he was too old to insure without it costing me an arm and a leg, he is about 14 now)

Catsey Junior

25-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #8

thanks babycakes, i think so too,
i had forgotten how friendly you all are on here.......there are a couple of sites i look on but rarely post on and there is so much bitchiness and nasty comments on there. this site is loads better

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
25-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #9

It sounds as if you have had a lot to cope with. Sending healing vibes to Ginger X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
26-09-2007, 12:02 AM   #10

Jeff is gorgeous (and love the name) Saffy and Ginger are lovely too Sorry to hear about Ginger's poor leg, I hope they get him sorted out with the least stress for him poor chap, and of course you.