Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
03-11-2005, 05:19 PM   #21

Re: Names

My name is just plain n old n i cant stand saying my full name, it doesnt go together 'Jane Robinson'. Theres just somethin there which makes you sound weird satin my full name!

My mum wanted to call me 'Tamara Catherine' but my dad didnt like it (grrr at him!) Id of loved to of had my name as that. I think i look like a Tamara/Tammy for short. N i always wanted to shorten my name (which you cant with jane!) I think thats one of my mums regrets not calling me Tamara!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #22

Jane - I have to admit, you DO look quite like a Tamara!! I had a next door neighbour friend when I was younger and she was called Jane and she absolutely HATED it.

Just a thought, but maybe you can just shorten Jane to 'J'? My step-daughter's boyfriend is Jamie and no-one ever calls him that, he's simply J. And it's quite cool

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
03-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Jane - I have to admit, you DO look quite like a Tamara!! I had a next door neighbour friend when I was younger and she was called Jane and she absolutely HATED it.

Just a thought, but maybe you can just shorten Jane to 'J'? My step-daughter's boyfriend is Jamie and no-one ever calls him that, he's simply J. And it's quite cool
Yeah Ive thought of that but its more of a lads name innit 'J'. I quite like it now though lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #24

My dad wanted to call me Geraldine!!!!and mum liked Belinda!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2005, 06:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Mags I think it's a really pretty name . . .

Margaret in Polish is Malgosia (with a diagonal line across the 'l' - which my keyboard doesn't have) making it pronounce, Mawgoshja. It was always a name I liked

Here endeth the Polish lesson!!!
Well I like Mawgoshja a lot lot better Sounds posh....I can just imagine my hubby shouting Mawg!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #26

Well I quite like Fran but it is short for Frances. I hate Frances but my mum insists on calling it me Everybody but my mum calls me Fran

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #27

I kinda like my name its not unusual enough that no one can spell it Karen
But there again I think its a name that is of an era ie the 60's. Which is right you don't hear of a lot of Karen's these days.

My Dad wanted a name that couldn't be shortened but it is too Kal normally by my Dad I hasten to add.

My middle name is Margaret - after my Mom. A family trait Mom's side. Her name is Margaret Rose (same as Princess Margaret ) but my Nan's name was Emily Rose. And my niece is Sophe Rose (incorporating Mom's and Nan's).

I am kinda satisified with my name and thankful too because Dad also like Belinda and I can't see me being a Belinda.

Karen