Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
15-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #1

Flea treatment

Apart from tablets and stuff on the back of their neck, does anyone know any other flea stuff that could be used to deflea a cat?

Reason for asking is deflead Dylan a few days ago (using a tablet because he can somehow groom stuff off the back of his neck) and with the stuff on the neck he starts foaming at the mouth, same with the tablets

Can anyone suggest any other ways of defleaing him I haven't tried?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #2

Re: Flea treatment

You could ask your vet for the flea injection Program for Dylan .......... I think it lasts about 6 months...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
15-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #3

Blimey, he must have a swivel round head !! I suppose you could always revert to putting an elizabethan collar on him but the flea injection sounds brilliant! Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
15-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #4

The injection sounds good but for me would be too ecpensive. Lucky does the same and licked his neck last time i put it on. I found that i had missed the part where he cant lick completley. I am going to ask the vet nurse to do it for me next time so i get i right and if he does have a reaction they can help straight away.