Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #21

Re: Pregnant cat HELP

Oh what a miracle that she's been reunited with her babies! The vet will be able to help you with all your questions tomorrow.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
07-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #22

Gosh, what a turn of events!
Ah, thats lovely that they are now feeding from mum. Thats probably saved their life, if they are too young to eat solids!
It hard to tell how old they are without seeing them, maybe 3/4 weeks or so if they are not eating solids or weened.
Someone must have been feeding these kittens for the last week or they would be dead
Maybe whoever lifted them to sell them, couldn't sell them so abandoned them in shed????
Very strange mystery..... Could the lady who came to you tonight actually be the person who lifted them in the first place? Just a thought, but I have a suspicious mind lol...
Gosh, you really have your hands full now... Hipus and her two kittens, and another litter on its way!
Maybe you could contact RSPCA or CP to help you find really good homes for them all.
Let us know how you get on at vets tomorrow!
Hats off to you, for helping the little mum and her family.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #23

Bless you for helping this little girl and her babies, wish there were more people like you around...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 B+W Moggies
07-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #24

I would start getting in touch with rescues now, all the ones I phoned said they couldn't guarentee taking kittens, but I could go on their list, but they would not take cats Most of our local rescues are very full and I had to make the so hard decision of neutering Ava, at around 5 weeks gone It was a hard decision to make, and I was made to feel better as the vet said it was an unusually large litter,and she wouldn't have coped. On the other hand it was made so much more difficult by Ava's reaction. She started nesting, wouldn't let me leave her. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't I would have found homes for them all. Hope you manage to find them all homes once old enough, although I agree, you have your ands full!

P.S. PIIIICCCCCCSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
07-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #25

That's fantastic news. So glad mum and babies are reunited at last. Pics please

Banned

Cats owned: a Pregnant one
07-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #26

I will take pics tomorrow, I dont want to upset mum and babies so soon. Hipus has been down for her dinner and wee and gone back into there box, they feel a little cold so i have put another blaket in with them, they are in a high sided box so no draft can get into them. Im sure mum will keep them warm.
What do i do in the next week or so when they want to run around?? do i just let them have the run of down stairs??? I have a livingroom, door through to middle room (playroom) with staris off and kitchen off but no door to kitchen.

CP have loads of kittens and pregnant mums in, i have a friend who said she would have a kitten off me but that was when we were told she was pregnant she doesnt know we have babies already.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
08-09-2009, 01:32 AM   #27

Maybe your friend can take one of the kittens in a few weeks time when they have been weened and on solids.
Is mummy cat producing milk ok? Have you checked?
You will find that mummy cat will do a the looking after of the kittens, she will even litter train them with a bit of help from you.
Soon, you should try and ween them. Give them a few days to settle back with mum (as long as she is producing milk). Then try and tempt them with some kitten food mashed up a bit.
You will find a wealth of info on the net, on whats best to do!
Maybe keep kittens to one room at the moment, then yes do what you feel is best. Though watch open doors and windows, you don't want an escapee.

Banned

08-09-2009, 07:30 AM   #28

well thats night one over. Mum was very good but babies cry as soon she jumps out of the box they dont like her going at all. Shes down at the moment haveing breakfast of kitten food on vets advice. im not sure what to do as im going to work in 1hour then not home untill 4pm i will leave the bedroom door open for her, and fill her bowl again and hope she will be ok. im going to try and get home midday if im doing ok time wise.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #29

Wow, what a wonderful story, I've so enjoyed reading everything that's happened and I'm very pleased that 2 of the kittens have been reunited with their Ma.

I too would love to see some pictures . . .

Banned

08-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #30

Hipus and babies have been to the vets this eve. Hipus looks in good health, shes a max of 12mth babies are 2.5-3 week old and are looking well. We have 1 Ginger male and 1 Tortasshell female just like her mum. Hipus didnt like the car ride to much she started panting and putting her paws out to touch us but not with her claws.
I will post pics as soon as i can find my cam, its still unpacked was hoping to find it tonight