Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #21

Re: Poorly Jerry

I have 1 out of 5, who is totally impossible to pill.....its a nighmare everytime, usually end up going to the vets for jabs....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I have 1 out of 5, who is totally impossible to pill.....its a nighmare everytime, usually end up going to the vets for jabs....
Why dont you just do what i do with Eva...... SIT ON THEM

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
22-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #23

I agree that it is much easier for a cat to be pilled if there is more than one person.

The cat who lives at my parents house turns feral if you try to shove tablets down her neck. She also hates travelling (she cries and pees in the carrier) so I use Profender (spot on) on her for worms, which she does not like either, but it is the less stressful option.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #24

Is liquid wormer not common in the UK, or frowned upon by vets? Every time I mention this no one ever says why they don't use it.....???

Catsey Junior

23-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Is liquid wormer not common in the UK, or frowned upon by vets?
Liquid wormer is not as common in the UK for cats. I only know of one product, whereas there are at least 10 spot on and tablet solutions for worms (with varying degrees of effectiveness).

The vets I have met don't seem to promote it nor do the rescue centres. In fact I would not have known it had existed only for years ago I saw a litter of kittens being wormed with it. I guess it is because tablets and spot on wormers are easier to manage and store.

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
23-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Why dont you just do what i do with Eva...... SIT ON THEM
Scary... Were we separated at birth????

Thats what I do... Sounds awful, I get shocked looks when I say I do this...
But I explain... I sit on the floor resting on my knees, which take my full weight (so its not on cat, of course). With cat inbetween my knees... Works everytime! And not at all cruel, thought it does sound it. Over in seconds, so less stress for cat!

Catsey Junior

23-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman999
But I explain... I sit on the floor resting on my knees, which take my full weight (so its not on cat, of course). With cat inbetween my knees... Works everytime! And not at all cruel, thought it does sound it. Over in seconds, so less stress for cat!
I do that for my Tigger and also the cat at my parent's house, but it does not work for Pickle. He somehow gets his claws out, and boy can he hurt. Also because he has spent 10 years being unneutered he is immensely strong. I have tried wrapping him in a towel, but he gets out of that.

The only way that I can do it is by crushing the tablet, and disguising it in k/d meat (which is like a paste because it's the minced stuff in a can). I would give him in a treat, but he has CRF.

I have had to give him antibiotics (tablets) on more than one occasion and that was always a struggle. The only time I had to give him antibiotics and did not have a struggle is when the vet gave him Betamox as an injectable formula (he did not bat an eyelid each time I injected him).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcspik
Liquid wormer is not as common in the UK for cats. I only know of one product, whereas there are at least 10 spot on and tablet solutions for worms (with varying degrees of effectiveness).

The vets I have met don't seem to promote it nor do the rescue centres. In fact I would not have known it had existed only for years ago I saw a litter of kittens being wormed with it. I guess it is because tablets and spot on wormers are easier to manage and store.
Thanks for that, I had wondered. The liquid liver flavored wormer is so easy to use if your cat will eat liver wet food! No struggle, no fuss.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
23-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #29

How is dear Jerry today Erin?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
23-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
How is dear Jerry today Erin?
He's been sick Think it may just be a fur ball because he seems fine and was screaming for his food after he woke me up, but it was more runny than it normally is when he fetches up a fur ball. Ill just keep an eye on him.

He pee'd in the shower again and on the puppy training pads, only small amounts pee but no blood so hopefully its clearing up now.