Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
07-02-2010, 12:20 AM   #1

New kid on the block-more pics

Hi everyone
Some of you may already be familiar of the story of our newly adopted tabby from a rescue centre. She was listed as 'Bella', but following some confusion regarding her sex was re-named (by the shelter) 'Benjamin'. Now that we have had the pleasure of this particular little cat's company for one week now, the name that has emerged is 'Boodle'.

Here are some of the latest pics taken of her. It seems that she has a particular fondness for wheelchair seats, so here she is, settled into my 'upstairs' wheelchair which also serves as my computer chair. We have also discovered that she likes to sit in my other wheelchair downstairs

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #2

Re: New kid on the block-more pics

She's a poppet James. Love the name Boodle! Look forward to hearing more about her as she settles in with you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #3

Great name! Is she named after the jewellers??

I think the fact she's taking over your chairs speaks volumes for her bonding with you and her feeling at home already

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #4

I was thinking of Cat 'n' Kaboodle - but not sure where that comes from!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #5

Perfect name, she looks like a Boodle! What a beautiful little cat, lovely markings. It does sound as if she's settling in well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
07-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #6

Love the name. She is absolutely gorgeous.

She looks like she could possibly be a tortie tabby as she appears to have quite a bit of red patching.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #7

What a great name. She sounds as precious as she looks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #8

She is a very pretty girl....love her name too....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
08-02-2010, 05:11 AM   #9

Thanks for your comments. Boodle's coat is regrowing and covering the alopecia she had down her back. She is also putting on weight (thank goodness). I refer to her as a tabby, but she also has patches on her body that are more tortie pattern. Her colouring is a combination of black, dark and light brown, fawn and orange.

You know, we have some very astute members on this forum We decided on the name 'Boodle' for three reasons:

I love the name of the old jeweller's "Boodle & Dunthorne" (known locally as "Boodles"). We have visited their shop in Chester on several occasions (Boodles was actually founded in Liverpool in 1798 and their main shop is still going strong in Lord Street). I once mentioned to my wife that if we ever adopted two cats I would like to think that they could be called "Boodle & Dunthorne" if these names suited the cats. She replied that the names would be appropriate as the first name also appears in the saying "Kit & Caboodle" (although she pronounced it as "Kit and Catboodle").

When our new tabby arrived last week she did not have a name other than "Bella" (or the possibility of us keeping a version of "Ben"). Her behaviour over the next few days however - talking ALL the time, even when she is dozing (!!), bouncing up and down the stairs chasing a table-tennis ball, stalking us in the hall, sitting on my brother's head (I kid you not) and posing in my wheelchair was definitely a pussonification of "Boodle" She loves to sit on your knee just inches from your face and gaze deep into your eyes as if studying your personality! When she seems to have gathered enough information, she chirrups as if satisfied that "you are OK" and then settles down (still on your knee).

Every cat I have seen and read about on this forum is a delight and now we have our own Boodle girl resident with us at last. Everyone in the family and our friends love her and she will be cherished for the rest of her life

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #10

Lovely, James! She's one lucky Boodle!