Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #1

Bath time for Tybalt

I can't really believe this amazing video ...... this cat belongs to the sister of one of the moderators on the Schnauzer forum I belong to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #2

Re: Bath time for Tybalt

*** bump *** in case you've all missed this little gem!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
18-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #3

Bless him! I've never seen such a calm cat at bath time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #4

Awwww what a good puss!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
19-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #5

It may seem a stupid question but unless theyve rolled in something obnoxious why would you want to bath a cat? Do show cats get bathed? Are you meant to bath your pet cat? Mine even hate the brush - i do brush them despite protests. Mindy is the only one who sits quietly & doesnt appear to mind getting groomed

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
19-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #6

I dont understand the need to bathe unless they dont wash themselves, but he seems to love it doesnt he?? lol does she towel dry him after?? awww lickle kitty Denis likes water but I think if I tried that he'd take my face off

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
20-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #7

If cats could talk....

.."ohh yeah,.. hey, that's not too bad actually..Think I'll just stand and ponder for a little while...I like the on-site massage therapist,..but..something just doesn't seem quite right'...
Oh yes now that was it!! That snake-hose-hissy thing, don't like that! No sirree, don't like that!'
'I guess I'll just stay here until we're done..I tried to climb out once and I just kept slipping straight back in...o well...'

Cats owned: Siamese
20-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #8

Surprisingly, he took it quite well. I was mildly disappointed not to see him wrapped up in a towel afterwards though.

..and yes, Helen, like you, I wondered the same question but have since learnt that plenty of show cats are bathed prior to a show. Depending on their coats, they are bathed two days beforehand so that the coat doesn't go like a dandelion clock if it isn't meant to be. Others on here who have show cats may be able to give better informed replies. I know a breeder of devon rexes who says some of her kitten families who show do tend to bathe their little ones but others just give a good wipe down and cleanse the ears.