Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #1

Kizzy - 10 days on update

I had intended to do a "10 day" update, and Kazz reminded me it was due, so .........

Kizzy has now been with us for 10 whole days. She is still the friendly, affectionate little cat that she was the first day she came, but she is much more aware of things going on especially outside the windows. She goes into full "cat instinct mode" when she sees a bird on one of the feeders in the window. We have nearly had a bottom wiggle! She still makes soundless chatters at them. The biggest change is that she now definitely plays. Yesterday she clearly showed me that she wanted to play with her dangley mousie toy. She also plays with ping pong balls and bits of rolled up paper. We have also played mice under the bed covers and have had proper pouncing!

I am rubbish at action shots!

She is still very alarmed by people visiting the house. On Tuesday she didn't go into hiding at all all day and I thought she was over her fear, but unfortunately on Wednesday she just happened to be by the door when the poor postman arrived - and she bolted. We also had another delivery that day, so she was stressed by that and her "windy problem" evidenced how upset she was. This seems odd - she has got over her fear of footsteps inside the house and is no longer afraid of hearing me or OH walking about. She showed no fear of the thunder storm the other night nor of dogs barking at the vets. Neither did she show any fear of the vet.

Relaxing in the sunshine is better than hiding (Tuesday)

In full "Tribute to Merlin" mode

I'm ready to play!

Think I deserve a rest now, pheew!

As for her digestive problems - her poo has been firm and normal, but is more likely to be on the soft side. If she is upset, her flatulence is more marked but the granulated charcoal arrived this morning, so if she actually will eat it with her food, we should see an improvement soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #2

Re: Kizzy - 10 days on update

That was a lovely photo sequence
Who knows what might have caused her to be fearful? Hopefully that will go away or diminish in time. It really is very early days.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #3

Thank you so much for that update Angie. Kizzy is looking wonderfully settled. I just adore those last two pictures - that wary yet quietly confident penultimate pic of her strolling alongside the sofa is quite lovely.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #4

I don't think you are rubbish at action shots I never get any of the animal in at all............you got back legs.........well done.
I like the in the sun one. But its nice to see her.
Thank you for the update.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #5

Definitely thanks for the update, wonderful to see her. Love the one of her curled in her bed, that's a really nice pic. I suspect she'll get over her unease at visitors when she has been there a bit longer; both Patches and Leia were, and outgrew it. Fingers crossed that she'll eat the charcoal and it will help!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #6

Kizzy is looking good Angie, I'm glad she settled into your household easily...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #7

Those claws mean business, that ball didn't stand a chance Lovely to see how she's settling in, I'm sure her confidence will improve. I can't help having a little giggle to myself when I hear how she 'lets off' when 'spooked' heck, she's only human! Angie, she's sweet little cat and I can tell you're enjoying every minute of bonding with her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #8

What a lovely girl she is - her colouring is quite different - really like it.

Good photo sequence. Made me chuckle.

I'm sure she will be more relaxed day by day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #9

Lovely shots and I think Kizzy has the loveliest face- sort of wise looking if that makes sense....?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
23-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #10

Love the photo`s of Kizzy Angie she looks like she has really settled in well, she has the sweetest looking face and her markings and colourings are just gorgeous