Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #1

Skinny cat

Poor Chester
This is after 8 days of normal feeding in the cattery - how thin he must have been when handed in

Excuse his bottom and the assorted post-trip domestic chaos but see how little muscle he has round his haunches

Poor, poor boy.
However, his eyes are bright, his appetite is huge, so we'll get him back to rude health soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #2

Re: Skinny cat

Oh my goodness - I am SO delighted to be seeing his perky little face again (as I imagine are you)! He does look a bit 'sunken', poor lamb.

I bet you can't stop cuddling him and also, I bet whereas most holidays rush by, yours dragged and dragged!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
23-04-2009, 10:30 AM   #3

He is a skinny boy... but wonderful that he is back with you... how far away from where you live did he make his initial reappearance..like Yola ssaid.. bet you couldn't wait until your holiday was over to have him back with you...bet its great to be a two cat household again!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #4

AAAAAAAHHH! Lots of love and good food, he'll be right as rain in a month or so. Lots of cuddles from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #5

I don't mind how thin he is just seeing him again is a lift to the spirit.
Although his body condition does look "wasted" makes me really think he has been locked in somewhere given the state of his front claws too, his body tone remnds me of Oscar when he was towards the end wasted muscle tone but Chester is young and fit Having our animals microhiped is a "forewarning" to us all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #6

I was thinking the same Kazz - his condition looks just like Merlin and I caught myself thinking, well, he's not that thin. I really have forgotten what a young cat should look like .... and then I look at Kizzy, and I can feel the layer of fat under her skin and the vet says she still could do with putting a bit more on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #7

Bless that gorgeous face I'm sure he will be back to fighting weight in no time DM, and lots of cuddles from you will restore his spirit

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #8

Yes, it is like an oldie - or even, in some stances, like he is a gangly teenager again.
I think he is thinner than Min was, even at the end, although lymphoma took her before old age/kidneys etc did. You can see his long bones oin his back legs as if he is just 'an skellington covered in skin', as the song goes.
Never mind - onwards and upwards!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
23-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #9

Awwwww bless I am soooo pleased to see his sweet cheecky little face as I bet you are , and don`t worry he will soon put his weight back and probably a bit extra .
So so pleased he is back home, give him lots and lots of cuddles Xxx.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #10

Your photos of him in his own home again bring a lump to my throat .......poor boy, what must he have gone through

Hope it won't be too long before he is restored to full health and this nightmare can fade into the past...