Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
18-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #1

Worming

hi ladies,ive just had a fight trying to get jerry to have his drontal tablet,its the same every time hes done ,this time though after spitting the tablet out a number of times, he spat it out and it fell behind the cupboard .
i was wandering if anybody knows of any other wormer thats easier than tablets,the panecure paste that we used when he was a kitten was soooooo much easier.
someone at work as said about a spot on treatment you can get from the vets,has anybody used this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #2

Re: Worming

I use Milbemax, they are quite small and I can normally manage to diguise them in a bit of ham, cheese or primula cheese. Normally that works for me but not always Have had to chase Eva down the back garden path a few times with pill in hand

Catsey Veteran

18-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I use Milbemax, they are quite small and I can normally manage to diguise them in a bit of ham, cheese or primula cheese. Normally that works for me but not always Have had to chase Eva down the back garden path a few times with pill in hand
its a pain isnt it.jerry is really sulking hes not my friend at the moment thats for sure .
ive just rang the vets and to get this spot on stuff i have to have a consultation first so its going to cost 25 just to get him wormed

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
18-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #4

[quote=Elaine;366027]I use Milbemax

I do too! I get a firm hold of Oli, open his mouth, pop the pill in and then hold his mouth closed with one hand, while I gently rub his throat to make him swallow it.

I never have a problem with him swallowing it! I spose its just finding the knack of it!

Give it a go, it well worth it, because you could end up saving £25.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #5

I give Cassie Panacur Favourites, it's a chewable, palatable tablet with a beefy flavour. She will eat it out of my hand too

Like you, I always had trouble worming Cassie, she always spat the Drontal tabs out so my vet suggested these......

They cost approximately £4 for 2 tablets (2 treatments) online....

Catsey Veteran

18-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #6

ohhh thanks mags ill give those a try,i dont fancy paying 25 pound just to get him wormed,are they as effective as the dontral tablets?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
ohhh thanks mags ill give those a try,i dont fancy paying 25 pound just to get him wormed,are they as effective as the dontral tablets?
I've never had any problems with Cassie since she has been taking them, Erin....

Catsey Veteran

18-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I've never had any problems with Cassie since she has been taking them, Erin....
great thanks for that mags

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
18-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #9

this is what i use because it is a multi wormer which you drop straight onto the back of the neck.you can get it from the vets however i did buy some off the net and it was shipped for australia.i also found some on ebay

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
18-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #10

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROFENDER-SPOT...QQcmdZViewItem

there is enough for 2 treatments for £11.84 which is not to bad.