Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
13-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #21

Re: White Persian Being Neglected

It is possible that it is PKD but the best way to diagnose this is via a DNA test. I have a swab and it costs about £18 if it is sent to Gribbles in Australia. The results are usually back within 10 days. If it is PKD and she is that poorly the best thing would be to have her put down as things will only worsen and probably quickly. I am willing to come and take a swab and pay for the test but it will have to be down sometime next week as I have kittens due after that. Let me know if you want me to do this.

(PM Fran to get my phone number as my PC is down at the moment and I don't get on very much.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
13-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #22

That's lovely of you Kay. I hope Jax is able to take you up on your kind offer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
13-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
That's lovely of you Kay. I hope Jax is able to take you up on your kind offer.

Anything to try and sort this baby out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #24

Kay that is such a lovely gesture and a very kind offer. I hope it helps this poor babe one way or the other.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
13-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #25

Kay that's really kind of you. Has anyone had any word about this wee thing?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
16-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #26

awwwwww, ive just signed in to bring you all an update (for some reason I havent recieved your emails to the thread???

Firstly, Kay that is a lovely offer its a lovely thought but it wont be necessary.

Okay here goes.....

The owner assured me that she would take the cat to the vet. She said that she had and was waiting until Monday for the results of the blood tests. I rang the local CPL and told them about everything but they said they didnt have inspectors and only the RSPCA would be able to get the cat off the owner unless I could. Anyway, the lady at the CPL offered to check with the vet the owner had presumably been to. On checking with the vet, she said that they had not seen the cat at all.

I was so mad I rang the RSPCA and reported it, also asking them for an update on the outcome.

Today I received an email from the owner saying that the results had come back and that it was cancer, the cat had been put to sleep.

Obviously we know she never took the cat to the vets in the first place, so i have a feeling she is trying to put me off.

I rang the RSPCA for an update and they could not tell me as yet. I am awaiting the RSPCA officer to ring me back. Unbelieveable!!!

Catsey Junior

16-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #27

A MASSIVE big thank you to you all for your support! especially Kay who is an angel to offer her services. I will keep you updated on what I find out, IF the RSPCA ever do get back to me, I will let you know. They were very interested and supportive to me when I reported her, now I Want an update, they dont want to know!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
16-04-2007, 09:14 PM   #28

OMG! What an utter b***h! How could anyone let a poor helpless wee thing suffer like that? I really hope that the RSPCA get back to you Jackie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #29

Poor little thing, I really hope that the RSPCA get their act together soon

Kay - that was a lovely gesture, very kind of you

Catsey Junior

16-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #30

Oh yes and before I forget, I did email her and offer to take the cat, and I rang her aswell, but she said she would rather wait and see what the vet says. You know, i am wondering if she told me the wrong vets in the first place that she took her too? She may have been trying to put me off even then.

Alex, its not Angie on Sutton Hill.

Sorry to everyone for the delay, I honestly only had the first 4 emails from the thread.