Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-04-2007, 11:25 PM   #11

Re: White Persian Being Neglected

Oh Jackie, what a horrible situation to be in! I wish to God that I had the money to take the wee babe on, I really do! I agree with what has been said by the others on here. Try and get the cat yourself and take it to a vets yourself or the CPL if you can. I would avoid the RSPCA like the plague if at all possible, but if that's the only thing you can do then it may be best for the wee thing! Why not ring the lady and say that you would like to take her on yourself, and if she asks in future just say that she had to be pts if she wants to know how she's getting on. No need to say that you managed to rehome her, unless it is a case of bad neglect then she has to be reported. Please let us know how you get on (and if you get the wee thing, drop me a line and I'll pop over and see her if you like). In fact, if she's not near me and I dont know her, then you could always say that I have taken her into my house!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
11-04-2007, 07:39 AM   #12

Thank you Alex, it is awkward, its on Sutton Hill. I will give it a couple of days (ive heard nothing from my email as yet) and then I will ring her. I will ring the CPL tonight I think, do you have a number for them at all? I can get it off the internet but I would rather it be word of mouth. I have a feeling from what this woman said, that the CPL have been around before, but not to this particular cat. Ive offered to find the cat a good home but not reply to my email, although im not sure if the email is her daughters email and she could be deleting them. Honestly, she is the spitting image of your persian.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #13

I don't have any advice to offer but I am so hoping that something can be done to save this little one before it is too late for him

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #14

I really hope something can be done for this poor cat, poor baby sounds like it is badly in need of some attention and love.....

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic short hair
11-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #15

I know, Ive been a bit depressed about it all myself. Ive just sent this woman another email, if no reply by tomorrow I will contact the CPL. Do the CPL have inspectors?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #16

Jax - can't you just turn up on her doorstep and tell her that you'd be happy to take the cat of her hands . . . and then take the cat to CP yourself?

CP do act, but it can take time before they actually get around to doing anything (too little resource and too many neglected cats ) so it might just be quicker if you spin her some story about wanting to help her out??

Catsey Veteran

11-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #17

I'm more than willing to come along with you Jax! It's not Angie in Sutton Hill is it?? As that's the only person from freecycle that I've collected from there!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
12-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #18

Poor little mite. I hope something can be done. CP would be a better bet then the RSPCA.

Catsey Veteran

12-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #19

any word on this poor wee mite Jax?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
13-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #20

Hey Jax any word on the wee one yet????