Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
16-09-2005, 09:55 AM   #1

Wont eat on the floor

Hi Everybody ,
well you all know how Clementine being a typical tortie is lets say quirky well recently she is refusing to eat her breakfast and tea when the bowls are placed in their usual spot on the floor, yet if we move them onto the counter top in the kitchen she is up and eating straight away. But she is now point blank refusing to eat unless she is fed up on the counter, any ideas why?
I have a tiny feeling that it could be due to the two small fluffy beasts that seem to plaugue her, it may not be though so any ideas?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
16-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #2

Re: Wont eat on the floor

My instant thought Luke was because she feels a little threatened by the dogs if she eats off the floor.....but who knows, cats are such mysterious creatures; full of whims and fancies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-09-2005, 06:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu-1
Hi Everybody ,
well you all know how Clementine being a typical tortie is lets say quirky well recently she is refusing to eat her breakfast and tea when the bowls are placed in their usual spot on the floor, yet if we move them onto the counter top in the kitchen she is up and eating straight away. But she is now point blank refusing to eat unless she is fed up on the counter, any ideas why?
I have a tiny feeling that it could be due to the two small fluffy beasts that seem to plaugue her, it may not be though so any ideas?
I'd have said she feels uncertain eating from the floor. So if you don't have a problem with it feed her on the worktop.

My two are fed upstairs in the spare bedroom/computer room. Because of the dogs althouh the cats never refused to eat downstairs - but then I've never known my two refuse food.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
25-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #4

cats feel much safer when they are on a high surface - if you don't mind then I would just let her

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #5

I have to feed my girls on a shelf in the porch. If I didn't there would never be any food for them to eat and Maddie and Tikka would hve tummy aches!!!!