Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
28-12-2004, 02:30 AM   #1

how do u know

hello all

mittens is now 6 months old
and i will not be getting her done, i did buy her as a show/breed cat so i am hopping that she will be my first queen

i have had she cats before but they have been out door cats so i never knwo when they come in season so was quite suprised when they come home perg

i have been told that its easy to tell when she is in calling but im not sure. so please any1 give me any tips. like i said she is now 6 months and will be in calling soon

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
29-12-2004, 11:30 PM   #2

Re: how do u know

normally first signs are a low call like when mum calls for her kits.Another sign is she will roll on the floor and roll and roll going over and over.Then she will lay on floor with her tail end slightly higher then front.When in full call she will lay on floor but her tail end will be much higher and she will be padding with her back feet,(looks like shes walking fast with her back legs but dosnt go any where).if you stroke her she will also do this with her feet and she may call out.Some when in call are very vocal and you just cant miss it nor do the neighbours Ha Ha.Just be carefull as its her first season and some can get very anxious as they dont know whats going on.I had one that swiped me across the face very ,frigntening for her and me,but she didnt mean it.Haveing said all of this some first season you just dont see as its called the kitten call.She may not come in season till the spring.Hope this helps

Catsey Veteran

30-12-2004, 02:13 PM   #3

thanks Shanedek

her breeder did tell me that she would roll on the floor but i did not pitcher would you just said, so it sounds quite easy to recognise

thanks
Natalie

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
30-12-2004, 09:14 PM   #4

most of the time its easy but every now and then you get one who has a silent season,just to keep you on your toes LOL

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Bengal
Azz is Male
31-12-2004, 12:52 AM   #5

Yes cheetah rolls , but the biggest give away with her is her gob! Shes Soooooooooo loud lol

Catsey Veteran

31-12-2004, 02:22 PM   #6

thanks both

well ragdolls only have a quite cry but im sure she will make her self heard.

i had a chat with her breeder this morning and she said it is something that i will not miss lol

she dont think she will be in season until about the end of feb