Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Tortie
22-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #1

Please help

my beautiful Girl had kittens 3 days ago all went well and mum and new babies are all doing fine.

The problem is she sleeps on our bed and although she was fine the first 2 nights in her nesting box with her new babies, i woke this morning to find the kittens missing, and low and behold she had put them on the bed,i am so worried because they could fall off the bed or when sleeping
i could roll on them without knowing.

I have tried going
to bed this evening and she insists on keep putting them on the bed i have the box right next to me, it has a soft blanket in it, during the day i have brought them into the living room and she does not try and remove them from the box.

I am so worried as i cannot stay awake all night any advice would be very welcome.

thanks in advance
Cath x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #2

Re: Please help

She obviously feels they are safer there than in the box. Maybe you could try putting some of your bedding in the box, or get a bigger box with higher sides to it, perhaps even a dog crate.
I have to say it, please have her spayed, there are soooo many unwanted cats and kittens that it is unfair and irresponsible to add to the increasing problem and over population.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #3

i like Elaine's idea of a box with high sides whilst the kittens are so young and unable to get out by themselves

Cats owned: Tortie
22-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
She obviously feels they are safer there than in the box. Maybe you could try putting some of your bedding in the box, or get a bigger box with higher sides to it, perhaps even a dog crate.
I have to say it, please have her spayed, there are soooo many unwanted cats and kittens that it is unfair and irresponsible to add to the increasing problem and over population.

thanks for your reply I will try out your suggestions, however i did not come here for a lecture, i find it very offensive that you feel the need to call me irresponsible, i shall not bother coming here again, i came to ask for advice not to be judged.

ADMIN please remove my account from this forum

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #5

I think your response speaks volumes as it was not a lecture but a plea to do the right thing by your cat.
Regardless of how tactful or untactful I am on these matters, the responses are always the same, snippy and aggressive. This only proves to me that no matter how you try to deal with people and their irresponsible breeding practices, rather than holding their hands up and admitting the truth, they get defensive, angry and indignant.
At the end of the day who is really suffering here? Me? Certainly not. The OP? ABSOLUTELY not. The cat/s? MOST DEFINATELY!
People breed for their own selfish reasons and not for the benefit or welfare of the cat/s.
I do not think that my post was offensive in the slightest.
As for you not coming back..... well you got your advice, you have your kittens, why would you come back unless you were actually interested in the health and wellbeing of cats....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
22-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #6

Extremeley well said Elaine, you know I agree with you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I think your response speaks volumes as it was not a lecture but a plea to do the right thing by your cat.
Regardless of how tactful or untactful I am on these matters, the responses are always the same, snippy and aggressive. This only proves to me that no matter how you try to deal with people and their irresponsible breeding practices, rather than holding their hands up and admitting the truth, they get defensive, angry and indignant.
At the end of the day who is really suffering here? Me? Certainly not. The OP? ABSOLUTELY not. The cat/s? MOST DEFINATELY!
People breed for their own selfish reasons and not for the benefit or welfare of the cat/s.
I do not think that my post was offensive in the slightest.
As for you not coming back..... well you got your advice, you have your kittens, why would you come back unless you were actually interested in the health and wellbeing of cats....
I am with you 100% Lainey.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #8

I didn't think Elaine's advise was in any way offensive and would support it 100%.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
22-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #9

I agree too - I didn't find the answer offensive. What age is your little cat. I run a rescue group and day in, day out we are dealing with unwanted cats & kittens. It is absolutely heart breaking. If you love your little cat and I have no doubt that you do, then please please get her spayed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #10

Many here volunteer with cat rescues and see the neglect, cruelty and mindless stupidity that goes hand in hand with abandoned cats and kittens. We are all concerned that your kittens don't fall victim to someone who will buy them on a whim and then abandon them, or worse.

It is a shame that you feel this is a personal attack - it's not so, but you must take some responsibility for brining kittens into the world at at time when cats are being abandoned at a record rate.