Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Fluffy tailed kitty
14-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #1

Unusual behaviour

Trishka is generally the sweetest cat, probably the best natured cat I've ever known (in my limited experience!)
She joined us on the 24th march, I came across an advert online that said "fluffy cat needs home" and within 2 hours she was in our living room! She settled in within a few hours and made it her home.
Last month, we moved house to another flat and she stayed with the OHs mum while we moved, and had quite a nice time, she settled in just fine, was a bit picky with her food but seemed ok.
Now she's settled in, as I've mentioned in other posts the garden was inhabited by several cats, she has seemed fine (we've never let her out as we lived on a main road) she had a bit of a fight through the patio door with one the local toms a few days ago.
She's such an adaptable cat, very sweet natured but on Friday night she just launched herself at the OHs face, clawing and hissing for no reason.
She's never been vicious before and we are a bit confused as to why she would just snap like that.
Anyone got any ideas or anything?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
15-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #2

Re: Unusual behaviour

Sorry Lady Trishka , think ime a bit "thick" but what do you mean by "OH"?

Catsey Junior

15-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #3

The Other Half!

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
15-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Trishka
The Other Half!
Oops, told you i was bit "thick" Is a Monday morning tho!!

Catsey Senior

JMPARK is Male
15-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #5

Has the Other Half been anywhere near any of the other Cats in the garden, especially the "tom" Trishka had a fight with?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #6

I would think it's the other cats unsettling her, as she's normally sweet natured. So sorry to hear she's attacked your OH ....................... how long have you been in your new home? The only thing I can think of immediately to calm her is Feliway, you can get it in a handy spray too, perhaps rub some on your OH.

This must be very unhappy for you all - it would be if my lovely Kizzy attacked me or my OH, as she's very affectionate and has never bitten nor scratched in anger.

Catsey Junior

16-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #7

JM: , there's a chance that the whole flat has the scent of other cats as the previous tenant mentioned if she left the patio doors open, one of several cats was likely to wander in. And as I've said, that grey cat in one of my photo posts is always on the prowl!
Angieh: we've been here 2-3 weeks now. Maybe I expected her to settle quicker has she's seemed so adjusting in the past.
Thanks for the helpful advice guys, really helps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #8

sorry to hear this, must have been a shock.
Was she stressed at all before the attack, had she perhaps seen a cat in the garden, what exactly was J doing before she launched herself at him ?

Catsey Junior

17-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #9

He was just laying on the floor, chewing his thumb. She maybe saw a cat in the garden, she was behind the curtains before it happened. She's seen cats in there before and after it happened and never behaved so strangely though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
18-10-2012, 03:20 AM   #10

I would get a vet check just to be on safe side in case she has had a wee bit of discomfort & would definitely get some Feliway insitu x