Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Ragdolls
20-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #11

Re: New additions

As long as Tinkerbelle gets back to being the relaxed carefree little princess that we know and love then i'll be happy. Hopeful things will settle in next few days x

Catsey Junior

22-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #12

UPDATE... Well Tinkerbelle's kitten curiosity has well and truly gotten the better of her! She comes in and out the kitten room whenever door is open and when the kittens are exploring upstairs she's involved with that too.

Lots of watching, lots of sniffing and occasionally hissing and swiping.

Just wondering how do I manage the hissing and the swiping and pouncing? No contact is really made and it seems to be simply exercising authority but don't want any injuries nor do I want Tinkerbelle feeling put out.

In other news Tinkerbelle spent much of the afternoon lying across my chest purring, first purr since Wednesday!
X

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #13

I think progress is being made! So long as they don't have unsupervised contact, I should think Tinkerbelle will come round. I remember posting some photos of my Kizzy and Pip early on in their introduction and Kizzy was yawning at Pip - I did not know but another member said that yawning was a very good sign that Kizzy was accepting Pip.

Catsey Junior

22-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #14

I will watch for yawns! They quite often fall asleep mid 'stare off' so thats good.

and yes all contact is completely supervised, wouldn't dream of allowing them free reign with other so early on x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy's
23-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #15

Those two are just scrumptious!

Catsey Junior

30-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #16

Just thought I'd update... Well everything seems to have settled in our house. Tinkerbelle is not only tolerating the kittens, she's actually seeking them out as play mates! Haven't heard a hiss in three days!
Saying that I still can't leave them unsupervised as I worry to much, that will be something that is done gradually, mostly because I seem to have adopted the 'smother mother' role!
I'll add some more pictures so you can all see how they've grown. Their personalities are coming through now and Ernesto is just a purr box who loves to be snuggled! Luna is a little bit more of a diva, our golden retriever Phoebe is terrified to come too close to as she has a mean hiss on her!!! She still loves cuddles though, you just have to work for her purrs- she even meows mid purr if you aren't stroking her in the right place or you have the cheek to stop tickling under her chin!

I have a funny photo of Ernesto up our curtain with Phoebe waiting excitedly at the bottom! They are the best of friends though, Phoebe often sleeps with an array of kittens snuggled under her tail!!

All 3 of them sleep in Ciaran's bedroom (my 9 year old) and he was woken up at 6am by a chorus of three purring kitty cats!!

Some photos to follow x

Catsey Junior

30-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #17

Ernesto top, Luna middle, Tinkerbelle bottoms
http://instagr.am/p/NqZ10OxjsL/

Luna
http://instagr.am/p/NYgXbSRjgT/

Ernesto at the back, Luna sleeping
http://instagr.am/p/Ntfx4eRjuJ/

Ernesto snuggled in
http://instagr.am/p/NtfmyyxjuE/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #18

Lovely pictures, sounds like things are settling down

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #19

The last two would not load, sadly.

What stunning looking kittens - and from your first photo it does look as if Tinkerbell is coming round a bit. I love the way they are evenly spaced up the stairway!