Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
13-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #1

fighting

over the past 2 days Clementine has really started attacking poor Elsa, they end up rolling around scrapping and i have t seperate them, its becoming really bad but Elsa isnt to bothered by Clementine attacking and goes back for more, its getting to a stage where Elsa is starting to run away from everyone and everything now, but this could be because she is just a little skittish anyway.
but im really worried that these fights are going to end up in someone getting hurt and the fights getting worse as Elsa grows, its becoming a chore to sit with the pair of them together now, so is this just something that is natural or is it something else?
plus Elsa has a nasty bite on her leg from Clementine any ideas on how to cean it up?
best wishes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-11-2005, 05:05 PM   #2

Re: fighting

Hiya

I got misty two months after Chloe and when they first met I thought they were going to kill each other, but i was told to just leave them alone. Sure enough they soon got too tired to constantly fight.

Nowadays they have chasing moments, fighting moment and just ignoring each other moments so hopefully your two kitties will get fed up of all the fighting and behave themselves!!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
13-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #3

thanks Donna

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-11-2005, 06:22 PM   #4

Very often Luke, it looks worse than it is, Merlin play's really rough with Casper, and if I didn't know better, I would say they were killing each other..I find it best to leave them alone and they soon became best friends.....Because Casper is so small and Merlin so big it did look like the was really hurting Casper!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2005, 06:30 PM   #5

I think it could be playing Luke.....is Clementine's fur on end and her ears low? If not just leave them for now....

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
13-11-2005, 06:30 PM   #6

thanks Moli i think they are just playing but Clem is used to playng rough with dogs so might be just a little heavy pawwed

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
13-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I think it could be playing Luke.....is Clementine's fur on end and her ears low? If not just leave them for now....
no she is just normal but boucning and biting

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
no she is just normal but boucning and biting
...she is not being nasty then Luke....it probably looks worse as Elsa is so small up to Clementine....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-11-2005, 07:01 PM   #9

Yes I bet they are playing, I had a similar thing with Bronwyn and Arthur, Arthur is quite a bit bigger than Bronwyn and we were constantly trying to separate them, I was reading various posts on a cat forum where somebody was having the same problems. But when I watched them Bronwyn was instigating it as much as Arthur so I figured they must be playing, also they never growl or make a sound when they are playing.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
13-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #10

its just happened again but this time it was not playing, Clementine bit elsa on her nack then when Elsa went to give her what for she started hissing and 'puffing' up:s