Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
29-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #21

Re: Roxie's Baby 1 week tomorrow

Yes Kay all raggies regardless of colour and pattern are born like little micelets. The bi colours are the harder of the patterns to get perfectly marked and with a tortie colour its even more harder due to whether or not the tortie markings will fill in too much of the V on the face.
The kittens colours on Roxie's baby are just coming in now but are still very pale where as Fairy's baby bi colour's face is really coloured and very dark.

She is doing really well now Kazz thankyou. Been really busy of late but i promise i will get some new photo's taken asap and post them so you can see her and how she has developed.

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
01-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #22

Thats really interesting Sarah. Thanks. It must be the white spotting gene at work I suppose.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
01-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #23

Thats why my wee boy is called Caspurr. He took so long to colour up and he purrs just by looking at him

Almost a Veteran Member

01-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #24

Well my breeding mentor came over today and had a look at the kits to see what she thought of them from a more experienced point of view.

The mismarked bi colour tortie of Fairy's apparently is absolutely perfect aside from her V being all wrong. She has perfect profile and eye and ear setting and lovely sized head and ears. Whether she stays like this is another matter.
The little tortie colourpoint girl of Fairy's is very sweet but needs to grow a little and get a bit better proportion as she is a little dot bless her. Apart from that she is a nice girl and well profiled.
Baby mouse boy just needs to grow and fill out full stop lol as all he resembles right now is a mouse and not a kitten. It looks like he is definately going to be cream but genetics could have thrown a big spanner in the works and made him bi colour. In a cream it can take up to 18 months for it to become totally obvious what they are going to be pattern wise. So still in for a long wait.

Then we got to Roxie's baby after a long time of holding my breath. And guess what, ???? She loves her. Her markings are spot on, her eye colour is coming in really nice considering her age so it should just get better, she has a wonderful shaped head, perfectly placed ears and well set eyes. Totally clean legs which is imperative in a show bi colour and the V is symetrical. All i have to hope now is that when her tortie sets in it doesnt throw off her V and cause colour spots on her legs. Of course its still very early days and anything can change but fingers crossed

Fingers crossed she stays as she is and gets more beautiful

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
02-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #25

She is absolutely adorable, bless her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
03-10-2007, 03:44 PM   #26

That sounds promising Sarah. Fingers crossed.

More pics are needed of both lots of kittens.

Almost a Veteran Member

03-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #27

I Know Kay and I keep trying I promise but they are so hard to photograph right now. I think i need to invest in some extra strong tape to stick them down with as they just run about and never sit still lol

Will try though honest

sarah
x

Almost a Veteran Member

03-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #28

Right as promised here are some photos of Fairy's three babies and Roxie's little girl. Hope you like them. Fairy's kittens are now 4 weeks old and have just started having their first tastes of kitten food made really sloppy with warm water and they love it. Especially the little man who has now decided to feed from his mum after all these weeks and also eat the food. Looks like I am redundant now

First we have pictures of my little mouse boy bless him. He is doing really well as you can see. Growing by the day. He looks rather pointy and his face shape isnt as it should be but apparently its not uncommon for the creams and reds to look like this until they grow up and mature

Then we have little blue tortie bi colour baby girl. She is a real sweetie but sadly her V is misshaped but she is beautiful all the same and has a wonderful profile and great eye colour for her age. She enjoys biting my little man so much the little bully.

Then we have little blue tortie colourpoint girl who is a little doll bless her. She is the quieter of the three and sits back and watches whilst the other two get up to mischief.

Then last but not least we have Roxie's little girl. She is amazing and such a real cutie I love her to bits. She is quite hard to photograph for her markings are a really light blue at the moment. Hopefully that should darken in and we will get some better shots as time goes on. But i'm sure you'll agree for 3 weeks old she is a stunner.

Sarah
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
04-10-2007, 05:44 AM   #29

Awww they are just so cute, I want to kidnap them!

It's ok I won't tho

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
04-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #30

awww thy are gorgeous Sarah