Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #1

Saturday

Good morning Pamela, Shelley and anyone else who may follow.
Saturday evening here after A sunny day in which I managed to do a lot of washing, including all the cats blankets AND managed to get them all nicely dried. I so love the smell of newly dried washing, fresh from the clothes line.My cousin came round for lunch -asparagus rolls which she had made.I spent the afternoon trying to groom Dickens who has a huge thick woolly coat. He hates being brushed. He really needs his coat thinned out a bit, so he's another candidate for the groomers, I'm afraid.

PAMELA, I've been thinking about you, my friend, and I'm so pleased that Tuesday went peacefully for you all.There's always so much to sort out afterwards and I am glad that you are able to help your dad out and just be there for him.He will appreciate your company and help.I do hope that you are able to spend some time just resting peacefully over the weekend and perhaps manage to fit in a couple of runs. Nothing will seem normal at the moment, so just take it easy, one day at a time. Eventually, it will all get easier. How wonderful that you and your sister each have one of your mum's wedding rings to treasure forever.

SHELLEY, I'm sorry to hear that Eric has become nasty. Yes, I guess you did the wise thing by backing off for a bit. I do hope that the poor man gets a lot better. He has been through so much and I'm sure he must be very confused.You sound as if you are having a very busy time with all your work. Hopefully you can still find a bit of time to work on that short story about your great aunt. How are the baby swans at the reserve ? Have you managed to see them since you've been back ?

Well,I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and manages to find some sunshine. Rain is forecast here for tomorrow but at least I will have no more washing to do.

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs and their guardians.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-09-2020, 06:14 PM   #2

Re: Saturday

Hi Dinky and those to follow.

I do hope you manage to get snodgrass brushed out!! Nothing worse than when their coat is needing it and they wont sit for you to do it! Your lunch sounds nice. We had lunch to take away from a local cafe today as their food is always lovely!

I have spent today looking for a sundial i can put in my garden and get a plaque for in memorial for my mum as she loved my garden. I have seen a couple but not sure if they would accommodate a plaque so will keep having a look about.

Shelley, i do hope it ha been a one off with Eric. How has he been doing since?

I am heading out for a walk with my friend shortly then home to have a southern comfort and lemonade and try and relax for the rest of the night as it didnt start out as a great day

Take care everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #3

Re: Saturday

Evening all
Sorry not been around for a few days.
Pamela I'm so sorry for what you are all going through, I love the idea of a sundial.
Nice that you had a takeaway and I hope you enjoyed your southern comfort.
Dinky, those asparagus rolls sound delicious.
No contact from Eric, today we heard he's gone into a local care home, he didn't tell his nice either, she had to ring round to find out where he was.
I was in work a lot last week for training, so tiring to sit still and listen.