Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
17-08-2020, 08:11 AM   #1

Monday

Hi Pamela ,Shelley and anyone else to follow,
Monday early evening here after another nice day.i managed to get out for a walk today but started to limp again quite badly. I seem to have done something to one leg so if it doesn't improve soon, I'll head off to the doctor's. Got a call from the NZ Mastiff club president this morning re. a 2 year old male English mastiff that needs a home. He was a beautiful dog from the photos she sent through but has been terribly abused and never been off a chain in his short life.He is presently very fear aggressive and she thought I might take him on. Oh hell, I was so close to taking him, as the aggression aspect didn't worry me - Willow was exactly the same and I was able to work with her and turn her around, although she was always unfriendly /unpredictable with people. BUT this young male was no good with cats and would kill them. I just couldn't take that sort of risk unfortunately, as my cats were here first. Perhaps he might have been trainable to eventually live with cats but perhaps not, and so I turned him down. I was not planning to get another dog at this point anyway as I need to come to terms with losing Willow and it's much too soon.I do hope that this young guy can be worked with and get a good home, perhaps with a male owner who will be firm but kind with him and set clear boundaries, which is what he would need. If I hadn't had my kitties, then i would definitely have taken him on.

PAMELA, sorry to hear that Harris is a bit sneezy at the moment. Hope he is OK now.At least he's eating and wanting to explore. That's got to be a good sign.I hope you and Steven had a great weekend. Your new motorbike looks super cool. You're going to have great fun with that.How is your mum doing ? Has she seen your tattoo yet ? Enjoy your Monday at work and don't work too hard.

SHELLEY, snorkelling must have been fun the other day.Do the dogs enjoy the water as well ? How lovely that you were able to be present at Nahla's birthday.Yes, I bet she did enjoy that cooked chicken.Hope you are able to get back in the sea today if the weather is good.

Auckland is still in Level 3 lock down and the rest of us are in Level 2. We are still getting community transmission but it remains in an Auckland cluster so let's hope it doesn't come to the South island.

Well everyone, have a great Monday and stay safe.

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs and their owners.