Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: A mixture!
01-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #1

Help Needed!

Hello!

Found this forum as im in need desperate help!

About a week ago i saw a white and brown cat wandering around my stables and fields, didnt think anything of it, today i found the same cat sat on top of my hay & straw.

I got some tuna out of the cupboard and put it in front of the cat, he/she came straight over, he/she had a collar on with a bell on it, no name or phone number. The cat seemed starving poor thing.

He/she is friendly, likes a good stroke, but is very nervous.
So now, he/she is sitting on top of the straw with a blanket, a bed, some milk and tuna...

Help!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
01-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #2

Re: Help Needed!

if you feel confident enough to get him into a cat carrier, i would take him to the vets to see if he's microchipped. chances are if he's got a collar he has a loving home where hes gotton lost! if not you could contact the cats protection league, they will help you catch him and see if he's missing from his home!

poor wee fell(a)! good on you for taking an interest!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
01-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #3

Hi there HH,
Can you catch it? It may be microchipped. If it has a collar more than llikely it was or is someone's pet. Or it may just be old and look starving..Either way pop it in a cat basket, make sure it cen't get out, and the nearest vet will be happy to run a scanner over it to check for microchip and owner. Bear in mind that milk and tuna are not good food to give cats in the long run, try some dry biscuits and fresh water instead if you can.
If it really hasn't got a home you might like to consider adoption.
All the best.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #4

Thanks so much for helping this cat ..... good luck with finding out if he/she is microchipped.

Of course, having a cat around stables is a grand idea to keep the rodent population down. If this is the way you decide to go, you may feel like feeding him or her tinned cat food and water is usually better than milk for a cat as some can have intolerance to lactose. Sounds as if this kitty may have already found a comfy bed!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Waifs and Strays
14-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #5

Whilst I understand your concerns for this cat it does have a collar and bell on , cats roam a wide area and its entirely possible he or she visits you often you just never noticed before . In addition to this some cats are intensely greedy and will eat like there starving especially when offered a delicious treat like tuna .Many a person has been fooled by the apparent hunger of a cat and it leads to them suddenly dissapearing never to be seen again to the upset of an owner who has not chipped the animal !
Take a good look at this cat first is it neutered if not prehaps it is lost . Is its fur unkempt messy or dirty is it underweight if not it most likly has a home to return too !
Please contact a rescue and vets see if the pet has been reported missing and check round town etc But do not too hastily remove a pet from its surroundings unless he is ill or looks unwell form a scheduled feeding time (whilst you ask locals if they know him)cats are good timekeepers but only offer dried food NOT tasty tuna or he wont return home because your offering better lol Finally if you find no owner thats the time to act !!