Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: NA
14-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #1

Lost Cat - Essex - Basildon/Pitsea

Hi everyone,
I am new here, posting on behalf of the cats owner as they do not have internet access. I am a member of a bunny forum and I know how brilliant pet forums can be so thought I would put this out here in case anyone has seen Casper.

He is white, fluffy, six years old. He went missing a week ago from the Basildon/Pitsea area. He had just seen the PDSA vet and escaped his carrier and bolted, the owners saw him once after that but he was frightened and ran. He is friendly but he is bound to be frightened now, he could be looking quite scraggly and matted considering the weather.

He was undergoing vet treatment at the time, and his owners are SO worried.

The problem is that Casper actually lives in the Chelmsford area, so he is a long way from home. He is lost, in an area he doesnt know so if anyone has seen him or even thinks they may have seen him please reply or PM me.

its not a brilliant photo but this is Casper.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
15-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #2

Re: Lost Cat - Essex - Basildon/Pitsea

So sorry to hear that SarahJane88. ..

Get owners to put up laminated posters on lamp post near to where Casper went missing, post a 'lost' immediately in local paper, put notice up in local vets practices, shop fronts, and flyers through local people's doors. This worked for me!

Take comfort from the fact that someone, somewhere HAS seen him, and is seeing him! The better and quicker you can get this info out there the more chance they have of reuniting Casper safely. But they will need to devote say a day off work to organise all this. Sorry if I'm stating what has probably already been done and I hope this helps.

15-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #3

Thanks, they have done all of that except the local paper, I will advise them of that one! And we were thinking of asking the local radio to do a shout out. They just dont have internet access and I know how wonderful the internet can be in situations like this, and I know if i saw a stray rabbit I would probably mention it on my rabbit forum if you know what i mean - being a caring pet person!

So i thought if i put it here theres a chance isnt there.

I dont know them very well, they are neighbours of my neice, but my neice (14) is very upset over it as she loves their cat so I said I would do this to help. Thanks for the reply x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #4

And thank you SarahJane for helping this distressed family.... I hope Casper is found soon.

Global Moderator

15-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #5

You may find this link helpful....... I hope Casper is found soon.

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077