Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #1

wednesday chat

ood morning - we appear to be on the sunny side of the East/West weather divide and it is absolutely scorching. A one-day heatwave apparently
All to do with Hurricane Bill, who is taking an odd route into the Atlantic and may affect our UK weather in strange ways for several days.
I'm in the garden and it's not terribly easy to read the laptop screen, so I'll probably be a bit quiet until this evening when I can watch TV anf tap at the same time!
Hope everyone has a lovely day

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Purebred Moggy
19-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #2

Re: wednesday chat

Good morning all. I'm still sat in bed after taking the troops out this morning.

I'm meant to be selling our wii today though I think my OH has found someone in work who wants to buy it - just wish he'd hurry up and tell me so I could go down my mother's

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #3

I am definately in the HOT side of the UK today... phew!!! Am at work, but leaving at 3pm and heading for my shaded swing chair in my garden!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #4

Hi all, going to be hot here again today....We are going to Houston Zoo at the weekend, although I am not a fan of zoo's, really looking forward to it.....Be interesting to see if they have anything different than the UK...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #5

Hi all! Nice and hot here today, 27C now, but cloudy and overcast with a 40 - 50% chance of t'storms. We could use some rain, excessively dry here again, having to water the garden. I hope we're on the fringes of a storm so we get rain without all the pyrotechnics! No shopping today so had a nice lie-in, just pottering around.

DM, didn't realize Bill would affect your weather; it's staying far enough out to sea that we'll only get strong rip tides along the Atlantic beaches. Moli, take the camera to the Zoo, please! Sequeena, hope the Wii sale goes thru; Donna, sorry it's a bit too hot for you ...you would NOT like Washington weather .... nor Houston's..

Hope it'ss a good day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #6

Hiya all

Just back from work, on holiday now till week Monday...Diane (sister) and family off to Cornwall Sat, Carbis Bay so doing a bit of house sitting, checking lights, etc...not staying there, at least this year wiht the rabbit dying...I don't have to chase that blasted thing around (it hated me)

Took Sal bak to Sutton park and on the way back saw a banner about a gym....very tempted 6 week taster on offer I may go in and enquire tomorrow. Never thought it was my thing but it has a pool, spa, sauna, gym, tennis courts, and 9 hole golf thrown in...and different treatments on offer (at extra cost) but all the previous thrown in and lovely lovely grounds of a hotel too..........

Catsey Veteran

19-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #7

Wow, Kazz, give it a shot! That sounds great. especially the pool! Six weeks free trial, how can you go wrong?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #8

Its not free but really silly £30 for the month unlimited use... think I will.

Has Croquet on the lawns too....

Catsey Veteran

19-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #9

That is about a pound a day! Where else could you try all those things at that price? Go, girl!

Never played croquet ........