Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #1

Ecky thump Tuesday

Morning all
Where the hell does the phrase Ecky thump come form? What does it mean and do people really use it?
Had to ask as I have been laughing about it since I heard a woman say it on telly yesterday. Such a stupid phrase isnt it?
Any way, off to get dressed and gather some dogs together for a walk.
Hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
11-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #2

Re: Ecky thump Tuesday

Hi everbody,
The sun is shinning here today and M&M are waiting by the door for their morning adventure outside so I will need to take them out shortly.

Just feeling really happy and content as I have just had something for breaky that I haven`t had for ages and ages that I have really enjoyed with a lovely cup of fresh coffee................ it is of course dippy egg with soldiers Yum Yum Yum. , I am a big kid at heart.

This afternoon I am being dragged out shopping into town with my daughter (which I do enjoy) but it always ends up costing me a fortune , but any way she is treating me to lunch today so that will be nice.

Elaine - Hope you have a lovely walk with the dogs .

Have a great day everybody Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Moo

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
11-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #3

Ecky thump, no idea what it means, but when ever I hear it ill not remember the weird lady on TV, Ill remember your reaction to her saying it hahaha.

Anyway folkes I would stick around and chat, but thats Elaine just text me to say she's outside, going walking the doggies with her, so I best not keep her waiting

Have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #4

Eee by gum, I don't know the answer to that Elaine - something like "Oh my goodness, I am suprised"! or "Whaaat?" I suspect. I also suspect google will give you meaning and origin if you ask it the right question (if you really want to - life is probably too short)
Sunshine and niceness here. Dinah and I are off to the woods, for a change!
Have a good day everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
11-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #5

I've just popped on for a few minutes whilst waiting for the printer. I'll be going to meet up with my friend this afternoon, then until Friday we'll be going places

Dylan's outside hunting (I think!), hope he comes in before I go out to meet up with my friend!

Have a lovely few days everyone! without me annoying you all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #6

Morning all! A bit changeable here, started off grey, cheered up and has been very pleasant, but clouding over again now. OH is off to play golf. I have MIL sitting and a couple of hours transcription to do.

Have a lovely doggie walk Elaine and Erin - I did do a quick Google, but didn't find anything much - I assume the phrase was around long before The Goodies and whacking people over the head with a black pudding. "Ecky" is also a term for the drug Ecstasy.

You are easily pleased Leesy, with your egg and dippy soldiers! I am glad you got so much pleasure out of it. An egg worth laying that was.

Hope you enjoy a good walk with Dinah, DM. Much going on in the woods around your way atm????

Have a nice few days away RCR. Who's looking after darling Dylan while you've away???

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning all! A bit changeable here, started off grey, cheered up and has been very pleasant, but clouding over again now. OH is off to play golf. I have MIL sitting and a couple of hours transcription to do.

Have a lovely doggie walk Elaine and Erin - I did do a quick Google, but didn't find anything much - I assume the phrase was around long before The Goodies and whacking people over the head with a black pudding. "Ecky" is also a term for the drug Ecstasy.

You are easily pleased Leesy, with your egg and dippy soldiers! I am glad you got so much pleasure out of it. An egg worth laying that was.
Hope you enjoy a good walk with Dinah, DM. Much going on in the woods around your way atm????

Have a nice few days away RCR. Who's looking after darling Dylan while you've away???
LOL...... 2 eggs it was not just 1

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #8

Even better! And more buttery soldiers too I guess?

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #9

Yep you guessed right

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
11-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #10

Afternoon all,

Ecky Thump means like, your suprised or somethin along those lines. (Looked it up in Google) Its a northern thing, I have heard it said as 'By Ecky Thump' but ive not used it.

Its a sunny and warm day here, Ive just finished work and now gonna have some dinner.

Im gonna get to bed early coz Ive hah a busy weekend (Had a great time in Nottingham at the wedding... I need to recover now lol)

Have a nice day.