Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #1

Very Gloomy Friday

Just sums it up really weather wise here. Lights are on atm it's so dark. Low spirits too.

Still I intend to go out after we've had our grocery delivery and do some kitten supply shopping. Can anyone advise - what are the water dispensers that fit on to crate sides actually called - I've tried Googling, but am obviously not calling it the right name. People who take cats to shows must use them, I'm sure.

Have a good day everyone. I only realised yesterday from the Over50's Forum that the east coast or at least part of Essex is having a heatwave and a drought. I feel sorry for them but also sorry for people living in Devon and Cornwall - it sounds as if they have had a very soggy summer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #2

Re: Very Gloomy Friday

I hope the day improves for you angie - in all senses. We've actually got a little weak sun ... and NO RAIN! Hurrah!

I'm not sure what you mean about a water dispenser, unless you just mean a 'water bottle' as used by rabbits, GPs etc. I think a pet shop would know what you mean if you ask for a water bottle to attach to a crate.

I hope to go allotmenting this afternoon. Goodness knows what state it's in. Not so much gardening as jungle maintenance Ho hum

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #3

Yes, that's the sort of thing DM - maybe a bit bigger for larger animals? Don't know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #4

Not a great day is it? I've got the usual housework-y stuff to do but nothing special.

The blackberries are ripening in the hedgerows now and we had our first blackberry crumble last night, such a lovely taste! There seem to be an awful lot of them out there this year and I was thinking that I might try my hand at making jam in a week or so, but it's not something I'm experienced in - anything could happen!

Enjoy today everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #5

Hiya all

Day off and like DM going out for jungle maintenance I like that.....was going to drayton manor park and zoo (the park rides bit) today taking Katie and Sophie but Kate has an inflamed throat she has "antibiotics and told to gargle wth disolved asprin she was so bad Wed night she couldn't even get out of bed or raise her head to call for her Mom...or rouse Sophie. Yeserday could not even keep water down..
But a little better today, so good news. Trip postponed and
jungle warfare instead.

Dry day so far lightly overcast but nothing drastic and I am not complaining although it rained hard this morning. May to Essex for the heatwave.

See you later just having a bacon toast....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #6

Damn!!! I just typed a really long thread and Domi knocked my arm and it all disappeared

Essentially - we're all packed which is good as I'm not brilliant at that kind of thing - stress bunny; keep worrying I've forgotten something. Need to pop down to the allotment too in order to dump the contents of the compost bucket and the work coffee grounds and pick any ripe raspberries. Won't do any weeding or digging . . . that'll have to wait until our return now.

It was really raining hard this morning and overnight but now it's brightened up no end and is actually quite warm - cats are basking in various shady corners out there.

Curry for dinner as I'm not really wanting to cook AND wash up too much the night before we head off. Cat sitter, cleaner and neighbour to water the garden is all sorted

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
07-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #7

Afternoon all,

Its gorgeous weather here.

Not got much planned for today apart from packing some stuff for the wedding at the weekend (just staying over for a night in Nottingham)

Hope the weather brightens up for everyone.

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #8

It has brightened up here - woohoo! Got the earlier load of washing out on the line and another load in the washing machine.

Just having a wee spot of lunch and then plan to hit the petshop!!! (P@H)

Do hope you get away as planned tomorrow Yola and have a wonderful holiday if I don't "speak" to you before you go!

Has Mags gone on her holiday yet, or is she going this weekend?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
07-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #9

Warm and Sunny up here in Aberdeenshire - I would like a little rain watering everything is nearly a full time job!

Catsey Veteran

07-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #10

My kitten shopping will have to wait until next week - I had some urgent work to do and it's too late to go now as the traffic will be building ......... ah well.