Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Long hair
22-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #1

Oh my gosh :D OH MY GOSH!!!!

Yesterday..had to be the Greatest day of my life!!!!!

Ok, FYI I HATE family reunions, but only for one reason..they always revolve around my cousins...My cousins..are the beautiful sisters who can dance, sing, act, and play the guitar...Uggh..they can do anything.. But me? I can't sing, can't dance, and my acting is horrible..and the only thing I can play is the piano..and I'm not even good at that. So every year since I was about 5, they have been the center of attetion while I am the wierd girl in the courner playing with the bugs (hehe X3 )

However! I went yesterday, and the usual was going on on how every one was saying hello and I love you's to my cousins while I just get the nods and the roll eyes (Oh, my family is VERY stuck up..) and then my cousins were preforming a duet of..I don't know some country song..and then EVERYTHING shut down lights music and everything and my cousins started crying cause their 'show' and 'life' was ruined and then when the lights came back on, Kyle,my boyfriend, was kneeling down beside me with a engagement ring and he asked me to marry him!!!!!!

I had just turrned 18 on March, and I remembered my family saying "Don't marry under 20!" but I couldn't help it..So I said yes He flew ALL the way from California, took his leave, and supprised EVERYONE there.

Nobody knew that he was going to do that, except for the men who ran the lights and him. But..oh my GOSH! Everyone was soooo upset especially my cousins who DONT have boyfriends So..I felt a little bit of win on myside lol

So, I'm getting married in about a year or so, my father's side of my family hate me and him for ruining their family reunion, Kyle is here with me for 4 months and at the end of that I'll move out with him, and he's taking shots so i can take Maiah and Socks with me So..I'm uber happy right now X3

Oh! and I remember his little speech thing right before he proposed I made him write it down so I can put it in my scrap book ^^

"Allison, I met you 4 years ago when you were just a freshman in highschool. I remember the first time I saw you, you were crying at the lunch table because you had spelt chocolate milk all over your self and the goth group was tormenting you for it. I actually thought it was funny myself. Even though you saw me laughing at you, you still hung around me and did nice things for me like letting me borrow your algebra homework, getting me out of trouble by saying you put the fake hair in the food instead of me, and you even stood up for me when Ryan and I were about to get in a fight. You knew my dream to be in the Navy and protected me from getting kicked out from a stupid fight. I know your family will never allow this, your family will never want us to have kids, but we've talked about it almost everyday when we lost our first child (I'll explain later). I've loved you ever since I saw that smile of yours when I handed that napkin to you to whipe that chocolate milk off of your lap. I just want you to know that I will always love you and I want you to be mine always. Allison Nicole Dawbarn..Will you marry me?"

And of course I yelled "HELL YES!" (right in a church >.> which I said sorry for later. ) and leaped into his arms ^^

Right after that, everyone left because they were so upset with me not for saying yes, but for ruining my cousins show lol. I don't care though I was the happiest I've ever been ^^ My parents are pretty happy too actually (Maybe because I'm finally moving out >.>)

But, the whole child thing was, when I was 16 I got pregnant and had a misscarrage due to the birthcontrol I was on. It was pretty upsetting, but I suppose it was for the best.

But, enough sad news..I'm going to get Married in a year and a half! (gotta get through college first X3)

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH
22-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #2

Re: Oh my gosh :D OH MY GOSH!!!!

Congratulations

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
22-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #3

Congratulations!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #4

Congratulations Socks, lovely to read about good news....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #5

Wonderful news Allison ....... thank you for sharing it with your friends here at Catsey!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
22-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #6

many congratultions to you both.
nd in a year from now, u can be the belle of the ball in a lovely dress and to hell with the cousins.
i had a cousin (franchesca) she was pretty well educated. good job. and what did she do?? stole off her mother and left her in loads of debt. (nice girl eh??)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #7

Congratulations Allison & Kyle!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #8

How wonderful, Allison! Congratulations to you and Kyle; and thanks for sharing such s happy story!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #9

awwww WOW!!!! congratulations to you both

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #10

Alison, that is really beautiful; I'm so very, very delighted for you both. It sounds like you've both had your fair share of rubbish stuff going on in your lives and I for one would like to congratulate you and wish you and Kyle much happiness in your life together. Big, big hugs!!!

And yes, thank you so much for sharing your special moments with us

Closed Thread