Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
02-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #21

Re: Did something naughty last night

yes, but them not caring didnt turn out to be the case, and with his age, and possible medical condition, taking him into the rescue could have been a bad thing for him - I wouldn't have been able to keep him cos of being so close to where he came from, and he prob would have ended up in the rescue long term (not to mention the rescue wouldnt have been happy as he wouldn't have been signed over, and that could get us in trouble) - this way he is with people he knows and loves, and has his independence.
Incidentally, I haven't seen him out since I took him home, so that is good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #22

Re: Did something naughty last night

I agree with you Booktigger, I had an elderly cat (23) who had Chronic Renal Failure and he lost a little weight and sometimes looked like he had been dragged through a hedge backwards, and unkempt and trying to keep him in was a nightmare he was really happy being outside. He never went far from home in his later years but outside the same, and from the outside looking in it may have looked similar to this case, that I did not care, when in truth the reality was "he was loved, cared for, fed, brushed, cuddled and fussed over" yet some days you couldn't tell to look at him.
I would have been frantic as I said before in the thread if someone had taken him from me, yet relieved he was back. No one can say someone does not care, this cat sounds similar to my Oz - independant and thats something I would not take away from my Oscar or any cat. And he was independant and loved up to and beyond the moment he was PTS.

By the way his sister is totally different - she is a proper home body, and prefers staying in or a saunter in the garden to going out out - they have always been the way they are, different.

I think for what its worth Booktigger that you did the right thing, give it a little while then pop and ask how he is if his owners are like me they will welcome your "kindheart" and you may forma friendship. Cats have a habit of doing that for you.
Karen