Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
31-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #1

Did something naughty last night

I have been monitoring one of the neighbourhood cats for months now, I Thought it was a stray cos he was thin in the summer, but found his owner, so didn't feel there was much I could do, so have been deliberately walking that way to places to keep an eye on him. The other week he was sat on someone elses doorstep, so I knocked on there pretending I dind't know the cat in case I could find something out, but they didn't let on. Anyway, last night I was coming home from my friends, and he was sat outside, went to say hello, and there was no sign of life in his house. As I stroked him, I realised he was painfully thin, and there was frost on the cars it was that cold (and only 9pm), so I picked him up and took him home - he kept growling at me and attempting to struggle, but we got home in one piece. I gave him some food, and he sat there growling while eating it. I borrowed a cage off the neighbours to keep him in overnight, but the woman I foster for said I have to at least talk to the owners tonight, and see if they are wiling to relinquish him. I hope they are, I don't want to have to take him back. HE is a lovely friendly cat, didn't try and go for me once, and he needs a lot of building up, not being left out in cold temperatures.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
31-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #2

Re: Did something naughty last night

Oh you are brave!
and good.................................
Good luck, whatever happens
Poor old boy

Almost a Veteran Member

31-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #3

I think more like 'stupid' - I already had 6 cats in the house, and that is my limit, but I did have 7 last night. Oh well, at least he had a nice warm house and some food last night. And will see what they say tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #4

No - you're not stupid at all - you're just a kind person with a good heart

I will forever regret the day that I walked past a small, thin cat and didn't bring it home with me. I rang the RSPCA and CP and thay both said that I should try to find out who the cat belonged to.

When I went back I couldn't find the cat - and didn't see it again. I wish I had just taken it home

Almost a Veteran Member

31-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #5

Hmm!! I have been monitoring this cat for months though, as both me, and the rescue I have been fostering for have been full for ages - I still am, but couldn't leave him when I realised how thin he was and how cold it was. I just hope the owners are willing to relinquish him tonight or I will have to take him back.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #6

I hope you get to keep him!!!
He sounds like he needs some serious TLC!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

31-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #7

I won't be keeping him - I am a fosterer, so we need to see if he will relinquish ownership to the charity. I hope the charity will then take him on, as 6 cats is hard enough, esp as they don't all get on. 2 are going in a couple of weeks though. He needs a lot of building up, and I don't like letting cats like that go!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #8

Hope they give him up to the charity, then at least he will be looked after properly!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
31-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #9

Think you were good, not bad, to do what you did. I hope the owner does let him go. They obviously dont seem to care for the poor kitty. Keep us informed how you get on.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #10

I hope things will be sorted out for this poor kitty.......and well done you for caring!