Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
30-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #11

Re: Kimba & Coco - Orientals

I agree with the above, I leave work at about 8am and don't get back until about 6pm, my cats are very happy and content.

30-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #12

Just want them to be ok that's all. I leave the flat about 8am and get home most nights just before 8.30pm. I make sure they've got plenty of food and water and a clean tray so they shouldn't want for anything...just don't want them to be missing out on love.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
30-11-2005, 10:01 PM   #13

Hi Hails - I understand this must be a tough time for you & only you can decide what to do - it is obvious you want what's best for your cats & it is a very hard & brave decision to consider rehoming them, however I do agree with what the others have said. I think if they are used to you & the environment then it may be better to keep them, we all know most cats sleep 23 out of every 24 hours anyway - seriously though lots of cats are happy sleeping & lounging around during the daytime.

Cats find it harder to adjust to new surroundings than dogs & having moved house a year ago & realising that one of my cats never settled in the new house made me understand how hard it can be for some cats to adjust.

However on the other hand I am involved with rehoming cats & could tell you a million & one stories with a happy ending about cats that have been successfully rehomed.

So - it is your decision & you must do what you feel is right - but if you are only rehoming them because you feel guilty that you are not around during the day - I would say in view of their age etc - they would be happier staying with you & being on their own in the day - than re-adjusting to a complete new life.

hope that makes sense.

Best wishes whatever you decide to do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #14

Excellent advice Smudgley!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
01-12-2005, 12:34 PM   #15

That is very good advice.
I'm sure you're in turmoil now - maybe it would be good to give yourself some time? - don't make a hasty decision you could regret later.
Take care and please come back and chat with us - about anything, doesn't have to be cats!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
12-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #16

Don't let them go. Unlike boyfriends they will be there for you no matter what and I am sure that they have plenty of companionship from each other while you are at work they when you come home just think of all that love they will have saved up for you. I know what you are going through as I split from my partner of 5 years earlier this year and the cats, and dogs, have always been there for me. They also will be rather set in their own little ways at their age and may find it difficult readjusting, after all they have had to adjust to your fiance not being there either. Comfort each other. Good luck all of you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #17

Oh Hails . . . how sad for you. I would add my tuppence-worth here and say if you can at all hang on to your cats please do. Cats are very intuitive, and I'm certain they will be a huge support to you whilst you come to terms with your split and will give you that kitty-kiss and cuddle when you need it most.

Please do let us know your decision and how you're getting on.

30-12-2005, 02:28 PM   #18

Hi all,
Just to let you know that Coco passed away before christmas. Kimba has now gone to a friends house to live as there are other pets there. Couldn't bear for him to be on his own after spending forever with Coco. He's doing really well and is happy as Larry! Oh to be a cat!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #19

Oh hi
December has been a sad cat month and I'm so sorry that Coco was also part of that.
Good news about Kimba; it must be a relief for you that he is happy.
You must miss them................

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #20

So sorry to hear about Coco
Pleased to hear that Kimba has gone to another home with pets.....at least your friend will be able to keep you informed as to how he is doing....