Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

25-11-2005, 09:47 AM   #1

Kimba & Coco - Orientals

Hi all,

I have two male orientals that need rehoming. I'm so upset that they have to go so i really want to make sure they go to a good home.

They're both about 11 years old, fantastic personalities, come with their own "furniture" and love someone who has the time to give them lots of love and cuddles.

My fiancee and i have split and with both of us working long days it's unfair to keep them home alone all the time.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-11-2005, 10:12 AM   #2

Re: Kimba & Coco - Orientals

So sorry that you are thinking of letting your lovely boys go to a new home. but understand that you want to do the best for them.
Have you tried the breed rescue society?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-11-2005, 10:20 AM   #3

Good luck rehoming them...are they neutered and have they to be rehomed together?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #4

Not sure if this link will come up - if it does it's a list of rescue societies.
http://www.[Sys edit: Links to pet forums not allowed]/adoption/pedigree.html

(and apologies to admin if I shouldn't have posted)

25-11-2005, 01:03 PM   #5

Thanks for that link...I'll have a gander and see what's out there. Really don't want them to go but it's just not fair on them. Will keep everyone updated...thanks for your help.

25-11-2005, 01:05 PM   #6

Hi,
Yep they have been neutured. I wouldn't want to separate them. They've been together forever so just couldn't do it to them. Just hope i can find somewhere lovely for them!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
25-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #7

Hi Hails...you dont say were you live only if some member lived near you they may interested in rehoming

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
26-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #8

I'm so sorry.

I might be totally off here, and if I am I appologise..

But if they are 2, why not keep them? They can keep eachother company while you are at work. And cats are more independant than dogs, so I'm sure they would cope just fine and thrive.

I work fulltime and now I have 1 dog and 1 cat.. I used to have 2 cats...

I dont say this to be mean or rude or anything.. I know you want to do the best for them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
26-11-2005, 01:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette
I'm so sorry.

I might be totally off here, and if I am I appologise..

But if they are 2, why not keep them? They can keep eachother company while you are at work. And cats are more independant than dogs, so I'm sure they would cope just fine and thrive.

I work fulltime and now I have 1 dog and 1 cat.. I used to have 2 cats...

I dont say this to be mean or rude or anything.. I know you want to do the best for them.
I was thinking the same to be honest. I work. I leave the house at 8.15 and return at 3.30 with the kids from school. Misty and Chloe are on their own for most of the day but use that time to have a bit of peace and quiet from the kids. They can go out in the garden if they chose but prefer to snuggle up on my bed for some quality cat napping.

They are totally happy. Run down the stairs when we get home and demand food. Then they get the evening and nightime playing and having lots of company.

I dont think they are bothered about being on their own during the day. I think they appreciate it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
30-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #10

for what it's worth. I think they would be fine being left, providing ofcourse they have food water and a litter tray.
Cats unlike dogs can be left for long periods. As log as they get your attention at night.
Hope you find a solution. Please let us know what you decide to do.