Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #1

Sunday Daily...

Morning all, it was belting down with rain, now the sun is begining to come out...hoping for an afternoon on the beach with the dogs....

I am growing pumpkin for the first time... put a few seeds in a pot last week and they are now coming up...have not a clue what to do with them, will have to consult my veggie book..Wonder how much chance I will have of actually getting a pumpkin from them

Have a lovely day everyone....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
14-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #2

Re: Sunday Daily...

The sun shining through the curtains woke m up today.. looks like it will be a nice day.

Off to see mum and dad and have roast beef for Sunday lunch. Taking Emma with me as she always says "nanny's roast potatos are sooo much nicer than yours mum"... lol

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #3

Morning all, lovely sunny day here...

Moli, my SIL grows pumpkins on his allotment, I think they must be very easy to grow as he always ends up with more than enough!

Off out later for a family Mother's Day lunch....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #4

Afternoon all and Happy Mothers day to all you mums out there.
Got a card, box of chocs and flowers from my two sons.
Off to mum and dads like you Donna, think we're having a buffet tea.
Good luck with the pumpkins Moli, Pumpkin pie is nice, i haven't actualy made one but i have eaten it.
Also i know the Americans feed it to their Dogs, think it's supposed to be good for them.
Mags enjoy your mothers day lunch.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #5

Hi everyone - Happy Mother's Day!

I've only grown pumpkin once Moli - we had a competition at work and mine won! Needs loads of space, manure and water but quite easy and it seems to grow as you look at it! Good luck!

OH helped me to wash my car this morning - I've never seen so much muck and twigs and moss and stuff come out of the nooks and crannies! Looks much better now.

Enjoy your day everyone, especially the mums!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #6

Hi all! We've been running around shipping boys to riding, swimming etc., tidying the bamboo in the garden and buying a greenhouse inbetween
Pumpkins are easy to grow, we just stuck ours in the ground and it went mad - didn't eat them though, only used them for halloween carving.

I'm about to start the ironing . . . and then there's roast beef tonight to look forward to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #7

Dank, dark, dreary, dismal, drizzly here still! Managed to get to the market again between showers, needed shrimp for shrimp creole for dinner tonight, and other stuff. We changed to Daylight Savings today so I'm only 4 hours behind for a while till you change. Hope I show up at the quiz at the right time!

Pumpkins are easy: lots of water and fertilizer. And pumpkin pie is delicious! Hope it's a good day for all, and that the mums get spoiled!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
14-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #8

Mothering Sunday brought me the opportunity to stand in the kitchen for ages and make a roast dinner for OH, and our son and his fiance who came over yesterday afternoon and stayed the night! Not sure what I've done to deserve such luxurious spoiling but at least I got spared the washing-up! Ho-hum, well the flowers that came yesterday and today's chocs have helped!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #9

Hiya all.

I have been to Crufts, shan't be going again....nothing caught my eye. Spent time round discover dogs, saw BorderDawn for a split second.....managed to say Hello.

Lost Dave, we meet again at the train. Sometimes I wonder he had left his phone on silent....good job I was not trying to get him in a hurry. He did not like it either not his cup of tea at all...so I don't suppose that helped my mood.

Just have to hope the TV coverage improves....

Should have stayed at home and gardened.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hiya all.

I have been to Crufts, shan't be going again....nothing caught my eye. Spent time round discover dogs, saw BorderDawn for a split second.....managed to say Hello.

Lost Dave, we meet again at the train. Sometimes I wonder he had left his phone on silent....good job I was not trying to get him in a hurry. He did not like it either not his cup of tea at all...so I don't suppose that helped my mood.

Just have to hope the TV coverage improves....

Should have stayed at home and gardened.
Shame you did not enjoy it Kazz, I have always wanted to go, but the past couple of years have changed my mind...