Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-11-2020, 06:09 AM   #1

Wednesday.

Good morning Pamela, Shelley, Yola and anyone else who may look in.
It's Wednesday afternoon here but I'm posting early as I actually feel OK at the moment but usually start feeling awful at night.I've had the most awful flu over the last few days and although I have visited the forum to see how you all are, I literally didn't have the energy to post anything. I'm starting to feel a lot better now, thank goodness, but still haven't been out anywhere. I may go out on Friday and have a quick look at the Black Friday sales if I'm OK.

All I've been doing is sleeping on the lazyboy chair in the lounge or in bed. The cats have loved it and I've always had one or two of them lying with me. I'm happy to say that the weather has become a bit colder with rain on and off.I had a high temperature and don't think I could have coped well with another heat wave.

PAMELA,I'm glad that you were able to see your dad before you went into strict lockdown and how nice that your nephew came home for a visit.I know how you feel about worrying about them getting home safely. it's a dangerous old world out there and you gotta be careful. Funny ,I was thinking of adult colouring books when you suggested you were looking for a hobby. I hope they arrive quickly for you. I'm glad you're still able to get out running in the evenings. Wow, you must be getting really fast now if you are way ahead of all the others.Good for you. I suppose you've done all your xmas shopping by now.I haven't started yet but I find I'm better when the pressure is on.My sister has done all hers AND wrapped it all up. How sickening !!!!! I've managed to get Janna and Brenna a couple of Tee shirts online but as Janna is really tiny, it's hard to get the correct size. Just hope they fit.

SHELLEY, fantastic that your dolls have finally arrived and they they were worth the wait. I'm glad you're going to add two of them to your collection You sound very busy at work with those zoom sessions and I do hope that you are able to continue to work from home when you move into another tier. I was so sad to hear of the death of your lovely young workmate, and what a terrible time for his family.He will be sadly mourned.

YOLA, I do hope things are going well for you and your family and you're not getting too busy. I also hope your knees, arms and shoulders are a little better.

This morning I got a call from the Mastiff Club ,of which i am a member and I was offered a young Cane Corso female, around 18 months old, who has spent all her life on a chain and being beaten.Trainers are working with her now to see if she is suitable for placement. I said i would think about it, but I will have to see if she is trainable to live with cats. Corsos are an aggressive breed at the best of times and I cannot risk my cats lives. Sadly at 18 months, it may be impossible to turn this girl around.AND I don't know whether I am ready for another dog at this time. I don't know how /why people can be so cruel to animals and sadly ,most of the mastiff breeds that come into the mastiff rescue are beyond help. It makes me sick.

Anyway, I won't rant on anymore. I'll go and put a few veges on and have a rest again.

Hope everyone is coping well with the lockdowns. May they pass quickly .

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your Wednesday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-11-2020, 10:02 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday.

Morning, still in bed, attending a flea market in Amsterdam virtually.
The seller has lots of dolls,bears and other lovely items.
She posts every 10 mins and everything is snapped up.
I daren't move from my device,lol.
Dinky, so sorry you are still poorly, take care.
So sad about the girlie dog, I do hope she's going to be ok.
People who are cruel to animals enrage me.
Pamela, or should I say speedy,lol
Hope your colouring books arrive soon and they prove to be an absorbing hobby.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #3

Re: Wednesday.

Good evening Dinky and Shelley

Dinky i do hope you are feeling better and your cold doesnt get any worse. Please make sure you take care of yourself! Sleep is the best way to get better as your body gets the rest that it needs to heal. I do hope you get to the shops and get some good sales!!

That is such a shame about the Cane Corso, i do hope she is able to be rehabilitated and get a loving home.

Shelley, did you manage to pick anything up at the online market? It sounds quite exciting!!

I was out for a run tonight with Jacqui. Was good but very hilly!! Always good to push yourself though which is what the hills do. I have 4 rest days until my next run which my muscles are needing as i am sore at my hip just now but it will ease off with a few rest days. I have a wee day off tomorrow. My last day of annual leave before christmas. I have been finding it hard to work full weeks just now. Still struggling to keep the head focussed. Will just see how it goes.

We got our new car yesterday. It is a toyota ChR. Our car lease was up so instead of stevens work letting hi order a new one, he got the choice of cars from colleagues who have been made redundant so we picked that one. It is actually really nice and it is an automatic for a change!!

My colouring books have come through so i cant wait to get started on them!!

Take care everyone.