Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #1

Cooler Thursday, thank goodness.

Good morning Pamela, Shelley ,Yola and anyone else who may pop in.
Thursday evening here after a cooler day today, thank goodness, although the long term forecast says we are heading into very hot weather for the weekend. I'm hoping they're wrong.
Yesterday Janna and I went to Wigram Skies but there were no bargains to be seen .We did have some nice food at a place called Joes Garage, which is an American style eatery. I had a beautiful icy caramel milk shake, Janna had a chai latte and we shared a HUGE bowl of fries that came with hot gravy, aeoli dressing and tomato sauce on the side.Talk about making pigs of ourselves. !

Today I've been staying home as I've picked up a horrible cold and sore throat and been feeling rather awful. I rang up the medical centre to find out if I should have a covid test (which I don't think I have) and they read me out a check list.As I don't have a fever ,the nurse seems to think I don't need a test at this stage. I'm happy about that.Anyway, I'll go to bed earlier tonight and hopefully feel a bit better tomorrow.

My mastiff cushion finally arrived this morning and it's sitting up by Willow's ashes, snuffle mat and collar and lead.Gosh it looks so much like her, it makes me cry. I don't know if I should put it away for a while until I can look at it without getting upset.

PAMELA, hope that wet, windy weather settles for you today. I bet you enjoyed your lunch with your friend yesterday and your run last night. Will you still be able to go out running when you shift into Tier 4 or do you have some sort of curfew in place ? It's terrible that you can't go and see your dad and sister after Friday. After 3 weeks, let's hope things have improved and you'll be able to get together for xmas.I'm glad that you're going to see your dad before Friday.I agree that there should be some exemptions made on compassionate grounds. Our government is also rather tough about things like that.

(Gosh, I just sneezed 5 times in a row !!!!!)

SHELLEY, hoping that your dolls have now left Amsterdam and are making their way back to you. I hope you manage to get them before xmas.My cushion took over one month to come and that was only from Australia, so I'm sure your dolls will come eventually.

YOLA, hope all is well with you and your arms are less painful now.

Well everyone I'm heading off to bed now. Not even 10pm yet ,but hopefully I'll be able to sleep. At least it's a cooler night tonight.

Have a good Thursday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-11-2020, 09:47 PM   #2

Re: Cooler Thursday, thank goodness.

Hello, late check in for me.
Sad day I went to the funeral of a lovely young man I worked with.
Chris was such a character and I will remember him always.
My dolls have arrived and they were worth the wait, keeping some and will sell the others to raise money to buy more, I think I need help, lol.
Yola, hope everything OK with you and your family.
Dinky, glad your cushion finally arrived and glad the physio toned it down.
Pamela, have you seen your dad yet?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
20-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #3

Re: Cooler Thursday, thank goodness.

Good evening Dinky and Shelley,

Dinky, i do hope you feel better soon and your cold is nothing serious. Your shopping trip sounds good!! I am so glad your cushion has arrived, im sure Willow would have approved!!

Shelley, o glad you have got your dolls at last!! DO they need much work done to them?

I saw my dad yesterday and today. Today we did a little bit of christmas shopping which was nice.I also saw my sister and the kids ( i say kids, they are 19 and 16!!) My nephew, who i 19, decided today that he wanted to come back home with me for a couple of hours so i let him come as i am not going to see them for a few weeks. I sent him on the train home as i want him to learn where to get the train to so he can come and see me anytime he wants. The train is straight through to where he stays and it is the last stop so i know he will be fine but i just worry about him!!

Not much planned this weekend due to going into lockdown at 6pm tonight so a quiet one. Hope you all have a lovely weekend