Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-10-2020, 09:58 AM   #1

Sunny Saturday.

Good morning Pamela, Shelley, Yola and anyone else who may drop in.

Saturday evening here after a warm day - 24 degrees. it's going to get up to 28 degrees tomorrow which is a bit too hot, but at least I can turn on the air con and keep cool.I used to feel so sorry for Willow on our very hot days because she hated the heat. She spent all last summer lying on a doggy cool mat and wearing her "kool collar" which helped immensely. I haven't done much today. My cousin came round and bought fish and chips which was a nice treat. The cats all went out on the back lawn tonight which was a surprise, but I guess they were hot and wanted to cool off.Not too much fighting today as well, so perhaps they are starting to settle down.

PAMELA, I'm pleased that you and your family had a nice lunch to celebrate mum's birthday. I know it's hard for you to try and think positive things at this stage ,but it will become easier.You sound pleased with your new jacket and jumper and that memory box is a great idea. How nice of your friend to buy the two sunflower bracelets. Are they the ZOX ones ? I also have two ZOX that Brenna got me after I lost Willow - one is "Until we meet again" ,dealing with loss of a pet, and the other is "Today I will not worry"- and they both have small plastic cards with lovely words on them as well. I wear one on each wrist all the time.Your sunflower one sounds really beautiful and very appropriate.
I hope Steven passes his theory test today and that you get your car back.(and it doesn't cost too much).Lots of luck putting up those shelves. I hope you find some time to relax this weekend . Have you started Nala yet and are your teeth now OK ?

SHELLEY, hope you managed to get away to the caravan this weekend and are able to enjoy a lovely, relaxing time there.Let's hope the weather is good for you.

YOLA,, sorry about your knees but at least the cortisone injections are helping ease the pain. Isn't it funny how the things we do when younger can come back to haunt us ? You have knee problems because of aerobics and I have back problems because of judo. Sometimes it seems that everything you do has some adverse effect later on. I didn't know you had a black Persian. Black cats are my favourite colour, yet I've never owned a jet black cat. Your boy sounds lovely ,even though he leaves little "gifts" in the hallway.

Well folks, enjoy your weekend. Hope the weather is good for you all, and you are able to get out and enjoy the fresh air. Stay safe everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-10-2020, 12:52 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Saturday.

Hi Dinky and anyone to follow.

Your dinner sounds nice!! i do hope you enjoyed. It is always nice when you get a surprise for dinner. Sounds like it has been a hot day for you Dinky. It is only about 10 degrees here and rather chilly. We got caught in a very heavy downpour on our walk so shorten the route as we were soaked through.

I have no idea on the type of bracelet. Sara gave me it and she also gave me a card where she wrote the words that came along with it and it was lovely. I have worn it since she gave it to me.

Thats good there hasnt been much fighting between them today. Hopefully they are settling down.

Hubby passed his theory test and hazard perception with very god marks so i just have to better his scores when i do mine in 2 weeks!! I have read Nala and it is really good. Definitely a story worth reading. My teeth are much better now. My dentist filled a gap i have between 2 teeth that i have always had and also drilled the top of another as there is a tiny cavity just on the gumline under my tooth and filled that as well and i have had no issues since thankfully!!

Not much else planned for today. Just relaxing as we have both been up since 450am (long story lol!!)

Have a great day everyone