Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #1

flea treatment

Good morning,

Just wondering what you all use as flea treatment for cats? As Harris has started going out now i need to start looking at something.

I cant however use the spot on treatment on his neck as it caused his ilness to flare a few years ago and accelerated it!! ANyone got any natural remedies they could suggest?

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #2

Re: flea treatment

Hi Pamela, I use Diatomaceous Earth (food grade, organic is what I get).I just sprinkle it thru their coats. It is meant to kill the fleas and is completely natural. Mine lick their coats and it's not harmful at all. I also sprinkle it on their bedding.However as it's summer here, I also use Advantage Spot On every 4 weeks. If you google the D. Earth, it will give you lots of info. Others will probably have other suggestions.There are heaps of herbal drops that are meant to be effective too, but they have a smell and they seem to affect my cats eyes.

Good luck. !!!