Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
31-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #1

White Meter Heating (Economy 7)

I've just moved into a new flat with white meter heating (economy 7) and electric storage heaters. We also have an electric shower and cooker, so basically we have NO gas.

I know that the eco-7 meter is cheaper at night than your average rate, but more expensive during the day. I'm stil trying to find out the exact times of 'night' but I think it's roughly 11pm - 7am.

So, if I do the vast majority of my cleaning and washing at this time it does save some. Although we do need to cook out of the hours of 11 and 7 unfortunately

But can someone tell me how storage heating works? And having an immersion? We aren't using our heaters at all, but I do live in Scotland and the winters get pretty darned nippy around here. Electric heating is notoriously expensive, but is there a way i can 'store' the heat at night and release it thorugh the day? Can someone explain this to me?

Also any other eco-7 energy saving trips or a recommend provider would be appreciated! I'm still stinging after my first monthly bill