Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #1

sun and showers tuesday

mixed weather today, raining and sunshine on the first dog walk, didn't see a rainbow
Off to the car boot very soon
see you later, alligators

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #2

Re: sunny Tuesday daily

Morning everyone. It's lovely here today. I'm out and about with OH as I'm off today. Been out for our walk this morning. Got home and heard Harris going daft at the livingroom window . When I went over, there was a wee squirrel sitting happily eating the peanuts we had put on the window sill. Nice to see it coming to get them.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. Kazz, hope your feeling better and also thinking of reggies mum x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
13-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #3

Overcast here, looks look rain, there's a surprise! The tap washer has gone on bath tap so water off at the mo. OH can fix it though, thank goodness.

My 2 younger brothers are off to Scotland tomorrow to a Forestry Show in Lanark. They are demonstrating forestry machinery for Komatsu. Mum's birthday next week so will see my oldest brother who will be at Mum's on her birthday. There are 6 of us all over the place so we don't see each other very often.

Off to get a big spanner now to fix the tap. Funny how we take running water for granted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #4

Hi all! It's sunny today here, so made the most of it by drying outside. Catching up with my documents and sorting out old statements etc and shredding them. Renewed my house and contents insurance, always a pain, but needs to be done.

Nice to have a visit from the local wildlife Pamela, hope you didn't get caught in a shower Shelley. I'm one of 4 siblings FM so know how it feels to all meet up, its rare but very enjoyable. Hope you managed to get the water back on.

Second shift at Barnardo's coming up, looking forward to it

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
13-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #5

Good morning all. It's Tuesday evening here and pouring with rain. Spent the evening vacuuming again. Strange, but no dead fleas have been seen on the cats despite me flea combing them every night.Can't see any live ones either, although they do have some flea dirt.Hope the car boot sale went well Shelley. Pamela, how lovely to see the squirrel. We don't have squirrels over here. Fecto's mum, it will be super for your mum to have all her family around her for her birthday. I know what you mean about running water. We have lived with no hot water now for 2 years as the plumbing in the house (and other houses in the street) is damaged .Luckily ,there is a Red Cross Centre set up at the end of our road where we shower every day, and we have a number of electric jugs to boil water. Hope your OH gets that tap fixed pronto. PoshPuss, I bet you're enjoying the warm weather. Hope your Barnardo's shift goes well today.Damon Bird is sitting on my hand as I'm typing and talking away. I'm off to bed now, so enjoy your day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #6

the car boot was ok, i found some more german nut crackers to display at christmas and an artist baby doll which is destined for my stall at the next fair.
Nette, hope your stint went well in the shop.
Pamela, enjoy your days off work
Dinky, how terrible that you have no hot water, good old red cross eh.
Fm, your family meet up sounds great.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #7

Evening all not done a lot today, next door neighbours funeral tomorrow. Weather here today has been sunshine and showers quite heavy ones at time.

I plan on trying to sort through all my old paperwork in the coming weeks, its a sit down job . May even go to the pictures which I do not do often and catch up with a few close friends have got myself a card for free swimming so from next week or so may be going at 7.30-8am in the morning for the early bird I seem better earlier on in the day.

Shelley glad you found something you wanted at the car boot sale. Sorry you did not see the rainbow
Pamela you realise Eileen will be livid with your feeding the squirrels poor old Harris hope the squirrels can run fast when he is out and about.
Fecto's mom hope you have a good day with your Mom bet she enjoys having you all there. And yes surprising how much we want to use something when we do not have it any sort of strike or fault with electric/water/gas almost seems destined to be just when we need it most.
P.P Thanks for the mention of sorting old paperwork through I will be doing that its a sitting down job as I have said.
D.D. Invisible fleas whatever next. Is the majority of NZ suffering the same effects as you from the earthquakes.

Right going to have a cup of coffee and a sit down see you later.
Spending a lot of time spell checking my posts at the moment. but it does not like smilies.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
13-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #8

OH fixed the tap. The other one went a few years ago so in a rare moment of brilliance we had bought 2 washers, so we had one to fit. Washed a load of towels and bath mats to celebrate. 2 years without hot water, Dinky. I would have gone a bit postal by now, that's outrageous. Sounds like you've overcome the flea problem though.

Hope you enjoy Barnardo's PP. Love car boot sales Shelley, our house is filled with all sorts of stuff we don't really need!! Had some real bargains over the years.

Sitting down jobs are good, Kazz. I did the paperwork thing last week. We don't have a shredder so we burn it all outside.

Pamela,I'm afraid we wouldn't have many windows left if squirrels sat on our window ledges. There would be a queue of cats and dogs waiting to pounce. Our lurcher bitch, Gypsy, is tormented to death by squirrels. She can never catch one. Magpies are the worst enemies though, Barnaby and Big Foozy were having a chat with one yesterday morning, it had landed in the honeysuckle at the back of the house.