Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
21-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #11

Re: My Three Stooges

lovely piccies, they are all gorgeous, i love the piccie of fraizer in his basket, he looks like he has sooo much catittude lol

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
21-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #12

Thank you all for so many kind comments! Im glad you like Reese, he is so loveable. If I could anthropomorphise him in a word it would be "humble", as he really is so gentle, unselfish and desperate not to cause offence. Its a shame that he is so shy and nervous around new situations. Thankfully he seems so happy when playing with Frazier, or being petted by familiar people! I really do adore him, although we havent had an easy ride with him; he has kept me company for full days when I have been ill, brought me gifts of feathers, leaves and bread (stolen from next door - I was wondering why there were pieces of brown bread in the hallway!) and always meows back at me when I call him. He is the polar opposite of Frazier, who has no fear of anything and never puts anyone else before himself.

I have two more pics of him from today;

And a couple of older ones that I missed;

(the cats went through a phase of liking to lie on top of this box. I have no idea why they would prefer to lie on there instead of on the couch/in their beds, but I tried to make it a bit nicer with a piece of fleece!)

Quote:
Frazier sounds like a wonderful kind character
Lol, I mustnt have described him so well! Actually, thinking about it, I dont think Im giving him enough credit. When he WANTS to be he is very supportive (I anthropomorphise alot, so I apologise in advance!). He did a great job with Reese, and even now Im sure he "eggs" him on when hes being a wuss to encourage him to experience new things - usually by going in himself first to show that there is nothing to fear. I remember coming into the room once to see Frazier trying to hoist then-baby Reese out of the window into the freedom of the garden (Reese wasnt allowed out at that point). He also ran over and gave my boyfriend a smack when he was pretending to wrestle with me - my hero!

Interestingly Frazier was very shy when he was first taken to the RSPCA, and they named him Midnight...it didnt take him long to come out of his shell, and he was rubbing all over the glass when we went to visit. We had actually gone to look at another cat, which we decided against, and the staff member on duty suggested we have a look at him as we were on our way out. The rest, as they say, is history! Suffice to say once we got to know him the name "Midnight" didnt suit him in the slightest, and we ended up with "Frazier" after the boxer (due to his muscly physique!).

Quote:
What suoer cats! All very different in their own ways but each as lovable as the other. I had a bug, burley ex-tom like Frazier - you just have to love their character don't you?

Reese I think is just beautiful; the most amazing face but also his markings are breathtaking.

Finally, Noah . . . well; small, cute ginger . . . I think we could definitely do with more pics of him as he grows
Definitely love the tom attitude - everyone that meets Frazier has commented that he has bags of personality (and then some!). Dont worry, Im sure there will be many pics! He isnt shy of the camera at all!

Quote:
He still has baby blue eyes in that one pic when he was wee.
Youre right, *sigh* I wish I had known then what I know now. I have never regretted the decision to have him even when he was peeing/crying/scratching/doing all of the things that a kitten taken at too young an age would do, but I do wish for his own sake that he could have spent more time with his family, and I would have asked that this be allowed before I took him home. As mentioned before, I dont know where we would have been if we didnt have Frazier to play the "big brother" role and teach him about playing with claws in/cleaning himself etc etc. I vowed never to make the same mistake when we took on another kitten, and (touch wood) hopefully we havent!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #13

Well, IMO, Reese couldn't have found a better home than with you, or a better "uncle" than Frazier!

We learn: I bought a kitten from a backyard breeder and one from a pet shop when I was much younger and didn't know what I know now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
22-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #14

OMG...What a gorgeous group of felines! Love em!!!

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
22-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Well, IMO, Reese couldn't have found a better home than with you, or a better "uncle" than Frazier!

We learn: I bought a kitten from a backyard breeder and one from a pet shop when I was much younger and didn't know what I know now.
Thats very kind of you We tried our best, and I just hope we didnt fail him too badly poor mite! Still, when I see him all curled up on the end of the sofa I know I would do it all again for him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #16

OMG I'm just looking at all those typos where you've quoted me . . . I must have been tired last night

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #17

You have a wonderful feline family - I love them all. Those pictures of Reece and Frazier really pull at the heart strings - what a wonderful bonding! And little Noah is a poppet with stripes - very very lovely.