Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
07-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #1

table

hello all

after reading that post by Kazz a few months ago i thought it was time for me 2 put the table up and start using it. (it was manly my ex that didnt want 2 us it)
well the room is v.samll now but its better the TV goes off and we talk about what the kids have been doing in school. Joshua is eatting and talking more (very slow at talking)
the kids love getting the table ready for dinner and helping make it so i think it was a good idea all around.

only thing is now my xmas tree has no where 2 go, so it has gone in the front room (at least Ozzie cant get it now )

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #2

Re: table

I'm pleased it's worked out well for you Nat.....my two used to love setting the table when they were younger.....and it is true, you do get to talk more....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #3

I'm pleased for you Nat really I am its great isn;t it. Have you got all your Xmas shopping yet?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-12-2005, 09:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I'm pleased it's worked out well for you Nat.....my two used to love setting the table when they were younger.....and it is true, you do get to talk more....
yes you do! Even now there's just OH and me we make a point of setting the table, all the ceremony...........even when it's yesterday's cold meat and bubble and squeak!

It's very good for the kids. The television is sooooooo good at taking their attention and it is so nice for them to be the centre of attention instead and tell all about their day.

Glad you're enjoying it Nat.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-12-2005, 09:51 PM   #5

Great news Nat..I love all being sat round the table. It's usually the only time of the day we all get to chat all together

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
08-12-2005, 04:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I'm pleased for you Nat really I am its great isn;t it. Have you got all your Xmas shopping yet?
yes im mostly done i think
how about u? and every 1 eles?

and thanks for the card i got it this morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
08-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #7

used to have a table had it all set up nice for dinner one day.damm cat on a mad dash round the flat jumped onto table all the cutlery n stuff go flying now given table to my daughter lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #8

We always sit at the table, as you all say, it's the one time everybody comes together....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
08-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #9

I think it is important for families to all sit around the table. We try to do it several times a week, but not always easy with 2 teenagers with busy lives!! Have you ever watched the programme 'Honey, we're killing the kids' on Wednesday evenings? the psychologist says how important for families to sit and eat around the table all together - so it comes highly recommended!